Arrow: Discussion Thread

• Members

Arrow EP Shrugs off S.H.I.E.L.D. Comparison

Interesting article. I actually enjoy both shows, but IMO Arrow is far and away a better product. Better/more realistic fight scenes. better quality writing and they are truly embracing their DC roots, while not suffocating by sticking to canon 100% of the time. Also, um, Stephen Amell's abs?!?!?!?!

Also, Stephen commented on the article over on his Facebook page

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

A decent show. I like that finally ten episodes in they found a dramatic purpose for Laurel this year. Her character has been a waste up til now. Felicity gave Ollie his way in but he didn't take her up on it. They would make a good couple, shame. Roy's super powers are interesting but I wonder if he is going to slowly go insane a la Slade. Barry will not be waking up for a couple of months as I understand it.

• Members

There is so much tension between Olivier and Felicity---anytime they're alone together, you just expect things to fly off desks, walls or floors and them to !@#$%^&*].

Laurel has a plot--she still has little to no purpose. And I really don't get why Dylan Bruce was cast in his throwaway role.

Why does Slade look different to me, back on the island?

• Members

I know in the last few episodes before the break, half of Slade's face was black from being burned in the explosion earlier in the season. I guess the mirakuru cured him much as it did Roy's knee and arm.

The Oliver/Felicity was pretty great this episode. I love love love when they fight. I love that she doesn't back down from him and she calls him on his crap. And that apology scene was amazing!!

Is it just me or does Laurel look different? Her face is so elongated and her chin is so pointed now. Has Katie lost a ton of weight or something? I think it makes her look ill. That said, I do like that Laurel is the one getting creepy vibes from Sebastian. I hope everyone else will eventually listen to her, but after the way she treated Oliver (as Arrow) earlier this season along with him shaking Blood's hand at the end of the show, I'm not sure turning to him will be much help.

Edited by Becki

• Members

Maybe I just can't recall Slade's face. Maybe I'll check out last season to see if I'm just making it up.

KC does look like she's lost weight, and it's made her face look different. I'm beginning to wonder if there's another reason for her reduced airtime this season....

• Members

Surprisingly, I found myself feeling a twinge of sympathy for Laurel today. (I blame the fact there was practically no Felicity or Diggle...) And shocked when Sara intimated that Laurel busted her to have a chance with Ollie in the first place.

I guess Slade doesn't look different. Maybe I'm not really used to seeing his entire face.

Oh, and Sebastian was cold "forgiving" his mother moments before his goon killed her.

• Members

This episode had some logic problems. Here Laurel presents her theory and the theory is backed up by mysteriously missing files, erased video, and a dead mother. Ollie rightfully believes her. Suddenly she gets kidnapped by the very supervillain she is investigating, but lo and behold she pops pills so the whole thing was her imagination? It doesn't make sense and Diggle is a nagging drip. I do look forward to Ollie training Roy, but again, the guy was caught red handed trying to kill Sin, and nobody factors that into anything. Was he even arrested, and if so why isn't Roy a hero?

Edited by quartermainefan

• Members

Obviously the whole thing didn't get dismissed. It's her focusing on Blood that is now dismissed, since it appears Officer Daily was behind it.

And no, I don't think the creep lawyer was arrested. I don't think Sin and Roy told anyone they thought he was the Slasher. If the Police find that knife in the car, they may put some things together, but we don't really know what they told the cops. The doctor (I guess) assumed someone else beat him up.

• Members

I've never really hated Laurel, I've just been bored by her. But last night I actually loved the episode (I'll never be able to say ENTIRE episode cause I HATE the island scenes with a burning passion!). I did find it difficult to believe that her own father didn't support or believe her. They've really alienated her from everyone this season. I'm hoping last night will be the beginning of her moving forward with her life and getting her act together. Cause Tommy would not be happy with how she's been acting.

I really really don't like Slade. Not on the island, not in the present day. I know all the comic book purists were thrilled with the appearance of Deathstroke, but I don't feel like we need another super-villian until they get rid of Malcolm once and for all. Right now, between those two and Sebastian, there are too many bad guys for me to focus on.

I am looking forward to Oliver (Arrow) training Roy. And I wish they would make Sin a regular cast member. I just love her snarkiness.

• Members

Yeah...honestly, the comic book villains of the week kind of bore me. And I can't keep them straight. At least in that regard, I know Slade and the backstory.

What exactly is Lance taking pills for in the first place? And how can she be gulping them down without him missing them? Or have I missed/forgotten something?

Was it ever explained how Slade got on the island?

• Members

I think Slade talked about how he got to the island last season. I'd have to check which episode it was. Since I usually fastforward thru the island scenes (or change the channel) I don't remember alot of what happens there.

I have no idea what Laurel is popping pills for, nor what kind of pills they are. I have to assume it's something to help her deal with Tommy's death. Although in last week's episode her dad said she stole the pills from him so I'm at a loss.

• Members

So...now Slade has a son?

I don't remember Bronze Tiger at all...but I'm not good keeping all the villains of the week straight anyhow.

Moira run for mayor? Oy vey. And they think soaps are contrived. But I love her. Loved seeing Walter back.

Happy to see the salmon ladder back. I've kind of felt cheated with so little Felicity and Diggs the last two eppys.

And Laurel's arc seems almost completely worthless? Useless? Extraneous?

Loved the Tommy shout out at chez Merlyn.

• Members

Laurel is one of those characters that one week I feel really bad for and the next week I just wanna slap some sense in to. Last night was the latter. Could she be anymore self absorbed? I know she's having a hard time but good grief almighty they are writing her so that there is no way I can sympathize with her any longer. Maybe Sara will be able to get thru to her.

I was really surprised they had Roy find out Oliver's identity this quickly. Well, quickly in terms of him only beginning to train Roy. I enjoyed all of their scenes last night, but especially when Oliver revealed himself to Roy. And I want to add, I don't believe the Oliver of last season would not have used love as a reason to reveal himself to someone. The character has come so far since last year.

I know what you mean about there being little to no Team Arrow scenes. I live for their interactions and even though the ones we've had have been great, I'm greedy and need more!!!

I cannot believe they are serious about the Moira for Mayor thing. BUT if it puts Walter back on my TV more often then I say let's go for it.

Slade mentioned his son in season 1 I think. Back when he and Oliver first met.

And as always, I miss Tommy so much. sad.png

Edited by Becki