Arrow: Discussion Thread

• Members

I wonder why they recast Sarah. JMW isn't the best actress in the world, but physically she looks like Laurel, while this new one looks more like a girl-next-door. I knew Kevin Alejandro would end up being a badass.

Kind of snickered my way through Laurel popping some pills and washing it down with more wine. Uh, all this over losing her "boyfriend" Tommy? (I loved Tommy---don't get me wrong..) She had dumped him long before that.

Though now that I think about it, maybe Tommy will turn up alive someday. THAT would make me extremely happy.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think because she comes off like a wet rag. Part of it's the way the role's written---she doesn't know Ollie is the Arrow, and this season she's going after him (I guess), which makes her his enemy. It's always harder being the "good" girl on any show---they tend to stray into the "vanilla" category. And it's probably worse on a superhero show where stronger women are kicking ass.

People harped on Thea last year for being too whiny (I didn't---I thought she was simply acting the way a lot of teens would in her circumstance), and this year she's stronger--less whiny, less spoiled.

I think Laurel's growing, but there's not enough chemistry between her and Ollie for me to care about their romance.

• Members

That article makes me feel incredibly shallow. I like the cast chemistry and hot guys. Arc tragectories and the DC vs. Marvel stuff...yeah, not so much. I can't believe someone analyzes it to that degree. And I found myself a little annoyed at some of the less than accurate descriptions of the story. I mean, I know Merlyn ordered Ollie's father's death, but Ollie's father ended up committing suicide. It may be a nit-pick, but it's one of those things that annoys me.

I'm glad I don't know the DC canon. Now I'm seriously bummed by

Unless I somehow missed that---some of the island stuff confuses me.

• Members

Hell yeah---a Laurel free episode!! Love the focus on Diggle, letting him lead story.

sigh Olicity are perfect for each other. I love Felicity being jealous and Ollie saying he doesn't deserve her. Or that he cares about her too much to screw her. However you want to put it.

• Members

The show may deviate though because clearly the person the article has slated to become Black Canary is not the current Black Canary. As a comic geek I love all the comic bookisms in it. This last episode alone was filled with name dropping from the comics, and I am hoping a tease of things to come. H.I.V.E., Brother Blood, Amanda Waller, even the mother's lawyer Jean Loring, all come from the comics, and the occasional newscasts on thir TVs about particle accelerators is a neon sign for a certain super hero who I am going to assume will be guest starring on a future episode.

It's not my favorite show, but it is my favorite show on network tv. It is a fun superhero show that has some soap opera elements.

• Members

I'm so in the minority. I don't care for Olicity at all and I'm not seeing any chemistry. The actress who plays Felicity, in my opinion, is terrible. Katie Cassidy can act circles, triangles, and squares around her.

The Ollie / Felicity relationship reminds me of Jack Bauer and Chloe's relationship on 24, two colleagues who have each other's backs, nothing more.

Edited by Jonathan

• Members

Good episode, bummer Count Vertigo is dead. I am fine with Thea being a Merlyn but I am not thrilled that only seven or so episodes since he died, Merlyn is already back from the grave. Sort of ruins the impact of the finale in retrospect. But anyway, the show is one of the best newish shows on TV. I also liked the island episode but as I said a few weeks back I am sort of bored of it. It is this neverending parade of baddies who come to the island to torture Oliver for no reason. Once this crew is dispatched there will be someone else.

I like Oliver and Felicity. Laurel to me is the dullest character on the show and never really does much. Ok, her father and Thea don't do much either but at least in Thea's case that should be changing. All Laurel does is resist her attraction to Oliver. I got the point after 29 episodes and it is time to move on to a new element.