Arrow: Discussion Thread

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Bronze Tiger is a character that was created roughly 40 years ago. One of his storylines was against The League Of Assassins, which was the group headed by Batman villain Ras Al Ghul (who was referenced on the show already as the man who wanted Sarah to return and sent the baddies to bring her back). Amanda Waller (the woman who visited him in the cell at the end of the episode) is your typical cliche top secret government operative who will do anything unethical to get the job done. While working for the government she basically is an opponent of heroes because the government always has ulterior motives that has little to do with justice. Her Team is The Suicide Squad, whose members are former villains forced to work for her. I imagine as the series goes on she will recruit all the guests for an all star season finale or something.

Anyway, this episode was pretty good. Sort of abrupt how Roy is presto change-o now a full member of the team, but ok I guess it was bound to happen sooner or later. I like the Moira running for mayor thing but felt bad for her because it seemed like she was hoping for a reconciliation. Diggle...the writing for him this year is atrocious. He is Ollie's nagging mother, always yammering on about this or that how this is too dangerous or that is. He's a drag. Don't do this Oliver, don't do that. It's too risky Oliver...enough is enough! You are a buzzkill Diggle.

Laurel...I think she is drinking because Tommy died? Slade was part of that army of badguys I think that came to the island last season but he turned against them for some reason.

• Members

Pure Awesomeness!! LOVED last night's show. Moira returned to her devious ways, Felicity proved her trust in Ollie, Laurel went to a very dark place, and Ollie served Moira her head on a platter. AWESOME.

The only disappointment was that apparently Ollie will !@#$%^&*] every woman (not related to him) except Felicity....

• Members

I know what you mean. Although I think with Sara I get the attraction more than the others. Sara is basically the only one that can really understand what Oliver suffered thru for those 5 years, because she had almost the same experience. It's one of those 'she knows where all the bodies are buried' kind of relationship.

I wasn't so upset about them as the fact that we had no follow up conversation between Oliver and Felicity after his mom's press conference. The set up when she spoke of her folks and how she couldn't stand the thought of losing someone else.....and then NOTHING? That was bad writing IMO. Because to me, it looked like she DID lose him.

I loved Oliver telling Moira they were DONE! He's put up with her crap for way too long. Everyone I know felt so bad for Moira by the end of last season, but I've never felt one iota of sympathy for her because I've always seen her the way Oliver does now...as a lying bitch.

As ya'll know I'm no Laurel fan, but while most people didn't get her reaction to Sara being alive, I totally get it!! She wasn't really able to grieve because she was so angry that Sara died while screwing her boyfriend and now suddenly here is her sister. Alive. And so is her boyfriend. Of course, Oliver and Sara being together now is going to provoke even further consequences for Laurel. I don't think her downward spiral is over just yet.

• Members

Or, y'know...glad you're not dead sex. It just disappointed me that once again they took a step forward, showing how Felicity felt she was risking, and seeing how pissed Ollie was that his mother would threaten her like that and then he [!@#$%^&*] Sara. sad.png

yeah, this "I can't [!@#$%^&*] you because you mean so much to me" only works for so long.

I have to wonder if part of this is thinking that she was in on fixing the jury with Malcolm. And you just know by the end of the season, Thea's gonna figure it out, and his family will be blown apart again.

No, I get it too. Not only did her parents split, but Laurel found out her mother knew Sara was sneaking around with Ollie behind her back (she did, right? or was that just Quentin?) and now Sara's not dead and she has to deal with that betrayal. I think it's the most interesting thing Laurel has done so far.

Oh, and just realized Paul Blackthorne doesn't speak with that annoying lisp all the time. What is that about anyway? (I caught him on an old Burn Notice, where he did an Irish accent with no noticeable lisp.)

Edited by P.J.

• Members

It took me a while to warm up to Quentin so I went back and watched The Dresden Files on Netflix to see if it was Paul that I didn't like. It wasn't him...it was definitely Quentin. I hadn't noticed about the lisp though...me son has most of the Burn Notice episodes on DVD. I'll have to check it out when I can.

Back on the Laurel issue....do Sara and Oliver really think them banging again is gonna HELP Laurel? I mean, come on!! I suppose neither of them are thinking about Laurel right now.

• Members

I don't know what it's called, but I have a hard time understanding what Quentin says most of the time. The Burn Notice episode is called The Long Way Back. Season 3 episode 9. (It also has Ben Shenkman in it, if you watch Royal Pains, he's the nerdy doctor with a crush on Privya, which just blew mind mind)

I was hoping we'd find out more about this "Laurel narced on me and met my crush Ollie" story Sarah told. And at this point, I don't think she or Ollie owe Laurel any kind of explanation about whatever this is. Neither are really speaking to Laurel at this point anyway.

• Members

Can't believe how much I've missed Arrow. I felt so bad for Felicity, who's obviously crushing bad on Ollie. And completely shocked by the ending!

Kinda eh on the Lance family drama going on. Even though I don't like Laurel, at least bitchyLaurel is interesting. I found myself a little disappointed she'd going on the wagon. Glad Ollie read her the riot act.

Edited by P.J.

• Members

This was a good episode and Felicity was cute trying to be tough like the rest of the gang. I liked her little leather action jacket and can picture her looking in her wardrobe for appropriate actionwear. I am torn on this subject. Oliver is the man of Felicity's dreams and it is easy to see how she could be the same for him, but Green Arrow and Black Canary is the destiny couple in this story so I don't see how Felicity is going to win this battle.

Slade in the living room was a surprise. I have the feeling they will find some way to redeem him via mitigating the drugs in his body or he learning the true truth about everything on the island, and after this season of villainy he will be demoted to mere anti-hero. I can't deal with Officer Lance and his weird speech impediment or whatever that is, and the less seen of him and Laurel the better.