Arrow: Discussion Thread

• Members

Watching season 1. I was very pleasantly surprised when, during an episode, two men broke into what's-her-face's apartment and tried to grab her and instead of the typical female heroine reaction, she proceeded to beat the sh!t out of them, win, and almost escape (until she ran into Sark from ALIAS and he tasered her, which will do it every time).

Edited by YRBB

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I took a break when it was announced that Slade was returning; I am over him and have no interest. I caught up and the storyline is becoming a little convoluted. Why would Ras want Ollie to take his place? Based on his ability to lose a fight?

Anyway, Ray and his ATOM suit doesn't work for me. The Atom isn't Iron Man and I am going to need to see serious shrinkage to get on board with the rumored Atom spin-off coming. Nice to see the one true Beastmaster.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I guess this show isn't very popular with this forum.    I think it's great.   It got slightly off track this season but now it is getting crazy.   Shame Colton Haynes left the show but I guess there wasn;t much left for his character.    Thea's story is suddenly taken a very interesting turn to say the least.   I also like how they keep this show and The Flash tied with Cisco being on this episod and Lance being on tomorrow's Flash (following last week's Felicity and Ray episode).   Flash took a while to get going but it is pretty good, but Arrow has the meatier story.

This is pretty cool

• Members

Yeah, I wish the thread was a little more active. But unless you're something mega, like Empire, I don't think the forum in general sees much discussion.

Ra's sees Oliver as a prophecy coming true. He survived their fight. (I guess the how isn't as important since either Maseo went behind Ra's back, or he had Ra's blessing to give assistance.)

Gotta admit, I was completely shocked when Ra's attacked Thea last week. Probably shouldn't have been, but I was. I was expecting Felicity to be Oliver's weak point, but then again, they've ostensibly backed away from each other.

I dig the shared universe of Flash/Arrow too. Although I'm a little confused at the darker tone they're trying to take on. I'm not sure their cast is capable of going there. Caitlin and Cisco are more goofy than badass.

Can't wait for tonight's eppy!! My patience for Olicity has kind of worn out. ;D

• Members

My patience with Felicity has worn thin. LOL. I have honestly hated her at many points this season. And don't get me started on Ray.

I'm over the whole big bad guy of the season model they do. By the end of every season I'm hating on the bad guy, which I should, but to the point I don't even want to watch. I don't want to see a bug final battle, I just want the whole season to be over.. I wouldn't think that would be their goal for a viewer.

Then again I'm still pissed off that Tommy's dead and Malcolm is alive.

Edited by Becki

• Members

Oh---I can't stand Ray. He doesn't have anything close to a personality, I thought the entire purpose of The Atom was to be small---and so far all he does is stand around looking like Iron Man, and in an overcrowded season, he sucks up airtime.

I miss Slade. I'd much rather have fewer villains who are worthier adversaries to Ollie. I expected Malcolm to continue in that role, and they've kind of shifted him in an odd way. Considering they made him a series regular, I expected him to be a bigger presence. I also miss Moira a LOT. Lance annoys the living hell out of me. I don't get his blaming Ollie for "what's happened to the city", when it's more than clear that it was Malcolm's Undertaking that is responsible.

Felicity had to break out of the geeky worship thing---but I'll agree it felt really plot pointish and OOC.

That said, I kind of squee'd tonight. Finally!!

Oh, and they really should have kept Tommy and killed off Laurel. It kills me that even when they bring Tommy back for flashbacks, it's for like a minute.

Edited by P.J.

• Members

The show certainly has gone off into new territory. Now they are in ninja land with mystic powers. That's a far cry from when the show first started and the big villain seemed to be Moira and a corporate conspiracy. One of the downside to sharing a universe with FLASH is why doesn't Felicity just call Barry and have him run over there and bring down that temple brick by brick, subduing every assassin before they even grab their sword? Then he could Firestorm for help, and Ras and the league are toast before the first commercial break.

As for Felicity, I love her, but now that and Ollie have crossed that bridge I think it sort of ruins their relationship because where else now is there for them to go? To be Mr and Mrs Arrow? I don't mind Ray at all. He is pefect in a dorky way but he sees to no he is slighty off. His power suit really annoys me. He is not Iron Man and I don't know why the show did this. Hopefully his spin off series next year will fix this.

• Members

This is a show I'm really struggling to pick up again. I finished Season 1, then never got around to watching it again, and now it just seems like a lot of work to go through two full seasons (of 22+ episodes).

Is it any good? Does it maintain the quality of the first season, or do things change drastically?

It seems as if one season of 13 episodes would be good for a show like this, something akin to Marvel's Daredevil.

• 2 weeks later...