Arrow: Discussion Thread

• Members

They wanted to do a crossover storyline like in the comics and the Invasion story was one of them. It's a shame that Supergirl's mid-season finale happened at the time of the crossover and that Lynda Carter didn't end up playing the new President of Earth-1's USA.

I liked that Arrow's 100th happened to be during the crossover it was a great homage to the show that created it all 

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah, well, I'm glad I didn't know that before watching the mid-season finale. Figures. And again---the only person who remains "dead dead" is Tommy. WTFever.  Cassidy is a weak actress, and whatever they want to do won't make her a better one.

Am I the only one who recognizes the voice of Prometheus, Michael Dorn? Or am I just imagining things?

I had bet that Tyler Ritter's character was Prometheus. Given that Felicity always seems to fall for superheroes, I thought this time she'd fallen for a supervillian, out to use her. So his death was a surprise. The rest---I don't really care as much about. It's way too soon for me to care about Evelyn's betraying Ollie, Curtis' husband leaving him, or Ragman and Wild Dog sitting there like lumps trying to assimilate it all.

I like the idea of someone from Ollie's past coming looking for revenge, but it seems like a cheat for it to be some previously unknown name from the list's son. Of course, knowing this show, that's probably mostly a ruse, and it's really the reporter, list guy's daughter. And I'm kind of over another round of Ollie blaming himself for everything.

As for the alien thing---yeah I knew about the tie to the comics. I just don't care. Aliens don't "fit" Arrow as much as they do Flash or Supergirl. And Arrow is the show I'm most tied to. I had some issue getting to see the episodes, and Arrow is the only one of the four I had any desire to watch.

• Members

Yeah, I think I heard something about KC signing a Berlantiverse contract---but I had assumed that meant she'd make occasional appearances across the shows. I hate the thought of being stuck with her again on Arrow. There are so many other recurring characters I'd rather have back, Nyssa, Tatsu, and Amanda Waller immediately come to mind. And isn't Nyssa's sister supposed to be popping up soon?

Edited by P.J.

• Members

I'm not sure she'll only stay on "Arrow" tbh. This might be their way of re-introducing her, but she's already appeared several times on The Flash and I could easily see them transplant her to Legends of Tomorrow.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by te.

• Members

I'm fine with Black Canary. I just don't need her to be Laurel Lance as portrayed by Katie Cassidy. Maybe I'd feel differently if Caity Lotz hadn't outshone her since season two. I never bought into the "turning her into a hero" crap since Sarah's death. I know a lot of comic fans feel differently.

• 2 weeks later...