• Members

I was just thinking about how I don't like Days Of Our Lives. I have never been able to get into it. To me the supernatual aspects of some storylines bore me.

I was trying to watch it the other day. And, when John and Hope kept mentioning past life and Alamania I was rolling my eyes.

I also cannot stand B&B. I used to like it. But, when it came the 'Brooke has sex with everyone in town except Stephanie' show I just had to give it up.

This is in no way a bash towards anyone's favorite soap. Soaps are like ice cream. Some people like chocolate. Some like Vanilla. I just wanna see what everyone thinks of a certain show. And, why they dislike them.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well, hate is a strong word, but I just didn't ever care for them...

Of all the soaps in the past 15 years, there are only 2 I could never get into: General Hospital and Passions. I watched Passions on & off the first couple months in the summertime, but in no way was going to record it once I went back to school. Years later, as I would check it out, I would just shake my head at the ridiculousness of the stories and the horrible acting from the actors, and I'd change the channel. GH I just could never get into the characters. They're too dark (mobsters) and depressing or just too bitchy but not in a fun-to-watch way. I suppose if I had watched GH in the mid-90's I would feel differently.

Even nowadays in the past couple months, I checked out GH strictly for the OLTL characters.

• Members

All! However, at least Days and BB are making an honest effort. I have not seen any of them in weeks (GH in about 2 months... Pure trash), and I don't care if I never see any of them again. Down to 4, and all are weak, with two helmed by schlockmeisters!

ANDREA

• Members

This is easy Young and The Restless. Slow, plodding, dull, populated by annoying actors who think they are starring in Shakespeare. The thing I hated most about it was the unnatural pauses every actor gave trying to make their lines sound more dramatic than they actually are. That is always accompanied by a lot of staring. The staring I guess was always to facilitate the segues into and out of scenes, but it always just looked like people staring for no reason whatsoever and always for a beat or two too long. Wax faced Peter Bergman, Eric Braeden, Melody Thomas Scott, Jess Walton and Jeanne Cooper lead the charge to grate on my nerves. None of these people ever did anything for me really, and I would sooner watch the thespians of Passions than any one of them. Just an awful, awful show, and was always awful by my estimation. The one time I was able to watch a few episodes in a row was when Eddie Cibrian was on as the rapist. How this show has even a single fan I will never know.

• Members

General Hospital has never done anything for me, ever. I imagine I'd like some of the 60s-70s stuff, and perhaps some Labine-era stuff, but as far as the lame ass "glory days" of the 80s with the various sci-fi/action/adventure nonsense, you can count me out.

• Members

Tried to get into AMC, GH, and OLTL in the late 90s but all three completely turned me off. I can't describe it except for getting the feeling the three soaps were a little too light/sitcom-ish for my tastes as compared to ATWT, Y&R, and GL. The only ABC soap I watched a little more than the rest was Loving oddly enough.

• Members

I used to watch B&B in the mid-to-late 90's up until Morgan DimWitt entered the scene, but still have watched from time to time since then. There's a real emotional disconnect to this show because of the way the characters play musical beds. There's no rooting value in most of the couplings they feature; 6 months from now they'll be broken up and pledging their undying can't-live-without-you love to someone else. I liked Brooke & Ridge, but I really hope they retire the idea of ever breaking them up again. Stephanie needs to realize that the blonde bombshell will NEVER be out of their lives. And the fact that Ridge almost married Taylor but left her at the altar [again] to reunite with Brooke is ridiculous. Taylor has NO pride whatsoever. Pathetic.

The rest of the love stories just aren't worth getting invested in. It'll change next week. Case in point: the dumbass known as Bridget (especially when played by Ashley Jones).

• Members

This is like saying the Yankees glory days were not the glory days where they won the pennant every year practically in the 30s- early 60s with Ruth and Diaggio and Mantle, but rather the days of Derek Jeter. It's fine to think highly of Jeter but even he would say the glory days of the Yankees were not his era.

Archived