• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

B&B. Which is sad. For years and years I loved it. Now I just gag on it all. I do tune in when Eric & Stephanie are on. Which these days means next to never.

Y&R I don't hate, but find it very dull.

DAYS is too kitsch for my taste. Before 1995 it was great. After that, GAG!

GH is the one I prefer although I am not following it.

For the first time since I was 11 years old, I am not following any of the daytime soaps.

• Members

No but it did flaunt shirtless-ness more--ie the montages in the 90s of Gloria lusting over Alec working out, etc. That said, relatively speaking I think the other soaps at the same time were *more* sexual, so maybe it was an AMC thing. In general they tamed down in the last decade (partly due to Nipplegate I'm certain).

• Members

Melinda didn't really have a lot of backstory before she died. No need to resurrect her (or have her wanderin around without her memory. LOL) I just threw it out there as a suggestion. I loved the Carly/Babs rivalry (what there was of it...). Having them be related would have given them more of a reason to interact.

LOL.

• Members

For much of my youth (mid 90s til cancellation), I could never understand what was so amazing about Another World, or why it garnered such sorrow and outrage when it was cancelled. I grew to adore soaps such as GL, DAYS, and even ATWT because to some extent those soaps were about families with your traditional beloved families such as the Bauers, Hortons, and Hughes at the heart of it all. Another World did not that have such a family at the time I sampled it as a child and if it had, obviously it would have been the nonexistent Matthews family. Instead to me, Another World seemed to be more about friendships/relationships rather than about families, which for some reason did not mesh well for me as a potential viewer. To add to this, one would have to take into consideration the icky stories that turned me off from this show as well, such as Frankie's murder, Felicia/John's affair, the puzzling Rachel/Carl relationship, Paulina/Joe/Jake, Shane/Vicky. Plus, I just could not warm up to some of the actors displayed upfront on this show, such as Jensen Buchanan.

I had a similar problem getting into Y&R for sometime, not having the usual concept DAYS, ATWT, or GL had about families. However I would eventually give in and come to enjoy much of the stories and actors that were being featured on Y&R.

• Members

I love the suggestion, though, P.J. I'd come much closer to accepting the notion that Melinda was Carly's bio mom than, say, some ridic revelation that Jennifer (Babs' mom, that is, not her daughter) gave birth to Carly, but that Chuck Ryan forced her to give it up for adoption, because it wasn't his.

Archived