• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am not saying no, but the cookie cutter GH look isn't some (for lack of a better term) shiksa blonde only found in Macy's catalogs. Even the brunettes from ATWT look artificial.

Outside of a CBS soap no one looks like this unless they are trying to sell hair spray in 1975.

1148_1_34896.jpg

• Members

Malone has said himself (in a roundabout way) that he can't structure his writing well without Josh Griffith--certainly when Griffith left around '95 Malone's OLTL fell apart. I'd add he needs a strong EP like Gottlieb (Malone/Griffith's later OLTL work was a mess--though kinda entertaining and it did fall into even a worse mess with the Santi's etc when Griffith again left due to fighting with Frons).

• Members

snapback.pngKhan, on 09 May 2012 - 04:32 PM, said:

Just makes me wish once again that "Carly = Barbara's daughter." sad.png

That would have blown my mind. I would have settled for Carly being Babs' niece, via her half-sister Melinda.

snapback.pngY&RWorldTurner, on 09 May 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

Well, Cady McClain never looked better than when she was a CBS soap actress, IMO...

Ditto.

As for ATWT/P&G/CBS women looking "the same"...uh, Maura must have had about fifteen different styles (everything from the ultra short pixie she came back in '97 with to the last few years of truly long hair) and shades from nearly white-blonde to warm honey curls. Ditto Marnie Schulenberg. It's really no truer of ATWT/P&G/CBS than it is of ABC or NBC. On OLTL at the end, nearly every woman had a long layered cut---other than the fact Tina could remove hers, there wasn't a difference between Natalie, Jessica, Tina, Rama, Christine, Starr, Kelly, Tea or her daughter. That's two redheads, five blonde(ish), and three brunettes.

• Members

What about Gabrielle with Matt on OLTL not realizing it was Max? Although I think she...um...sensed it was Max early on, which made it less of a shock once he revealed who he was laugh.png .

I'm sure Blair was slapping her forehead once she and Todd were together again. Come on girl, don't you realize the real Todd actually CARES about you? wink.png

• Members

ATWT spoofed Barbara's hair when Henry, in drag, proclaimed, "I had them do my hair like Barbara on my story." alol.

And Carly being Barbara's daughter would've added nothing to the storyline. Can't she be Barbara's enemy without further tangling the already confusing family tree? As Jill being Katherine's daughter proved, added a relationship where there wasn't one before does not make a rivalry more interesting -- in fact that is a glaring example of a huge mistake resulting in both characters being lame for 5 years when the show realized it was a mistake but for whatever reason didn't want to reverse it.

• Members

From a few pages back:

I noticed that too. It was the least sexual it had been since I stated watching it. I wonder why it got so tame. Was it the P&G people or the new LA directors and crew? I don't think that explicit sex is always needed for something to be romantic or sexy but in the last couple of years AMC was getting chaste to the point where it was undermining the sexyness and romance. There were hardly any full blown love scenes and the most of them were perfunctory and unromantic.

Archived