• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought of that scenario, too. Between 1971, or so, and when Colleen Zenk Pinter showed up (in '78?), Barbara was off-screen. Aside from her initial relationship with James, we knew little about her. So, yes -- she COULD have had a daughter (namely, Carly) she didn't remember having. And maybe, if I were THAT kind of writer, I'd see no problem with it. Unfortunately, I have this hang-up when it comes to long-lost children: I feel like the mothers should at least remember giving birth to them. They could give the child up for adoption and make sure no one found about it, of course (until the inevitable moment when they, and we, do find out), but one reason why Sabrina worked for me was that it was rooted in something we saw & something Kim actually remembered.

• Members

I don't see that much resemblance. The overblown hair maybe, but those are head shots and I'm not sure the hair looks that much alike when they're moving around.

Phyllis has that big square head and red hair. She looks nothing like Nicki Newman.

• Members

Two thoughts:

1) Terri Conn IN as Sharon's long-lost sister/Nikki's long-lost daughter, Cathy. (Nikki got pregnant by Sharon's dad, then Nick Reed forced her to give up the baby.)

2) Laura Wright IN as Phyllis' long-lost daughter, Julie. (Phyllis was a ho, even on the playground.)

Archived