DAYS: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Enjoyed the Will scenes with Lucas. I would hope I would just as understanding if one of my children told me they were gay. And, IA with Lucas' position. The way that many Americans react today, it is such a tough road, but, I love my gay brothers and sisters. To have the guts to look at bigotry head on? Right On! Sami, well, I do understand she reacted like that because she didn't know, but it comes back to her thinking about herself. sami can say what she wants, but even though she has made great progress, her selfishness has runied her relationship with Will. She listens outside the door, only to come in when Will says he went to Marlena. Will should have read her for filth. What kind of love is that? Then to say she talked to EJ of all people.

Drake needs to go. NOW. I have had it with his Dirty Harry/Lonesome Stranger routine every single time he talks. And what's with the hand jestures? Is he playing tennis? Always turning to the side so he can profile every time he has a line. I coldn't work with him. I would get fired for laughing too much at his "acting". And Kristian? I'm sorry, but her tough girl overacting is just cringe worthy. The only two people the needed were Bo and rafe, and Rafe is as stale as bread now.

I like the show now, the decent far outweighs the garbage.

• Members

I saw an entire episode of Days for the first time in ages since I happened to have the day off today.

I really enjoyed the EJ/Sami/Lucas/Will scenes, especially the scenes with Lucas & Will and Will calling Sami on her selfishness. It's weird, though that there seems to be a fear to express any anti-gay sentiment these days. I think injecting it somewhere in this storyline (perhaps it's there somewhere in the overall arch but it wasn't present in today's scenes?) would add a whole new dimension to Will coming out. The guy who plays him seems to be a really good actor. Loved his WTF look when Sami flipped out that he had gone to Marlena for support.

The scenes with John/Hope/Rafe and the mob guy went over my head. Unfortunately, it couldn't keep my attention.

It was nice seeing Lexie and Abe so happy..damn, those two have barely aged since I watched Days as a teenager! :o The teen scene was alright..the characters couldn't hook me in right away.

• Members

Drake Hogestyn and Kristian Alfonso are definitely over-acting in this story line, which surprises me, Alfonso is generally good and Hogestyn isn't a great actor, but he's always kept it low-key enough to get by. And the dialogue is bad too, some of it sounds like a really bad foreign intrigue movie that only plays on low power stations out of the desert.

• Members

I feel so bad for Sami, she just CAN'T WIN EVER.

Just watching the scenes from yesterday, just frustrated me, JUST LET HER SPEAK! It's exhausting watching her scenes with Wil, cause it's obvious they want you to side with Will, but you can't help but side with Sami over the way he treats her. I mean some gay kids would kill to have both their parents be that understanding and he is all "blah blah me so angry blah blah". You were never there? How about all the times she asked you to talk to her and you blew her off? How about all the times she would have to corner you in the town square just to talk to you? Yeah bitch, she was never there cause you wouldn't let her be.

This needs to stop, you can't yell at someone that they need to grow up when you can't do the same. I wish Sami would just interrupt him through one of his rants these days and shut him the hell up and lay down the law. She has put up with more than any real parent would. It was far more interesting the first time around with Sami and Marlena cause Marlena gave as good as she got, but now they just make Sami into a blubberring mumbling idiot.

• Members

I could NOT with Bo and this fake Russian accent today. And Hope swanning about in that black scarf with the old gang sitting around like a tired black box theatre production. You'd think even with their faces covered, Stefano would recognize BO AND HOPE AND JOHN. Good grief. Also, I kept listening during the whole scene -- not once did Stefano mention buying arms. Clearly he's getting off on a technicality.

There's a lot of rumors swirling around about Christie Clark maybe being invited back, though Greg Meng confirmed "not as this time" so it's not actually a spoiler. But on the subject of that spoiler? I'd want Muldoon back. I don't know about Clark, unless Carrie gets a rehaul. Muldoon's scenes outside of Carrie lately? They've been amazing. All of his scenes with Lisa Rinna are fantastic to me as are his scenes with Alison Sweeney.

But I think the show needs to realize the Austin/Carrie pairing has just been dead for a LONG time. I thought there were great reasons why the Mike/Carrie romance flourished. It didn't gel for me when they came back the last time and she had split from Mike and Austin took over her company, because as soon as Sami's scheme about her having deformed babies started, she hopped into bed with Lucas. I think from that point on Austin/Carrie have been damaged as a couple. Now seeing her do the same thing? I just can't really be convinced at this point that they belong together. They were a sweet, romantic love back in the 90s but it's played out and it's time for both of them to move on to some new, adult relationships. Especially Austin. All he got was Greta, then sorta-Nicole. But he needs to finally just dump Carrie and move.

Archived