DAYS: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Caught up with Days but still about 3 episodes behind.....Will's coming out to Sami and Lucas was just blah. Why are the writers ruining the Will character?? This whole I hate Sami routine is getting old fast and Chandler's acting choices are helping the story. Why must he snicker in all his scenes?? The director needs to tell him to quit doing that. It is making the character unsympathic.

• Members

Muldoon and Rinna work extremely well together...I'm confused though why Austin is still written as mentally handicapped. Originally Muldoon's return as Austin wasn't written as being as dumb as Peck's, but I think the writers have made him even stupider than Peck's and that's saying something.

• Members

I love how Rinna was playing it like Billie knows he's an idiot but he's her brother, so she wont tell him so

This stuff with Maggie and Victor came so out of left field. Like WTF? I cant beleive they are even going back to the stolen eggs plot. Like when was the last time that was mentioned. Last year?

Why was Lexie playing dumb today? Didnt they tell her all about the dead plot being fake?

• Members

This is more "on paper" mess. Because on paper, Daniel being Maggie's son coming out but Victor having this secret and it playing out for four months only to come out now could be riveting. Except for the fact that Maggie/Victor haven't been on screen in four months and Maggie hasn't had a damn scene with Daniel or Melanie since they were made into her relatives. So, yeah.

Also, Carrie is truly THE WORST. I seriously think that nothing that's happened on this show during MarDar is awful to the point where a skilled writer couldn't take any of these situations into real stories. But Carrie? They've made her so absolutely disgusting (and Rafe is getting there too, actually) that I need her to just GTFO my screen immediately.

• Members

They did to Carrie what they did to Jennifer. I think Clark is better at making it work than Reeves, but the story is horrendous.

I wonder if Tomlin and Whitesell brought the egg story back up, as Victor and Maggie were completely off the show.

• Members

Jennifer seems at least salvageable, because of Daniel leaving and her admitting her mistakes to Jack. I think they could successfully be written for, though I also wouldn't mind if Jack dumped her. She only comes across as better than Carrie because she at least thought Jack abandoned her and wasn't busying just carrying on with another man for the fun of it.

I still think it's too early for Tomlin/Whitesell's stories to be showing up. This really seems like Mar/Dar's MO. Every character is ignored until their stories are popping up again. Take Jack/Jennifer, who've vanished completely. Sonny has vanished since Will is now in the family portion of his coming out, I'm sure he'll pop up again after we move out of this.

• Members

I don't know how Victor stomach Maggie. In her quest to achieve ultimate goodness she is now retroactively mad 30 or 40 years after the fact. She knew what he was like before she married him, and I am glad he finally stopped groveling and told her this is who he is. He was better off with Vivian.

Archived