DAYS: May Discussion Thread

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Agreed she can across as a skank waking up in bed next to him and kissing. She is STILL married and he hasn't even gotten a divorce from her sister!

This Stefano vs EJ stuff is too hard to watch. Im hoping that the cliffhanger going into the Olympics is that the last few months was just a dream.

• Members

I've decided to tune out until after the Olympics and new writers take over. I'm not really enjoying anything and Lexies death storyline if you even can call it that is an afterthought. I suspect they are setting up Stefano to Be killed by someone and I'm not finding any of the Stefano EJ scenes which I normally like that good. The rest of the show just seems to all blend boringly together.

• Members

WTF? Maggie who is never seen anymore, buys the spa which is also rarely seen these days? They were better off having her become owner of the Horton Town Square

WTF didint they tell Maggie that Hope is alive? Wouldnt it make sense that she and especially Victor be let in on it bc if he was written in character, Victor would wage a full out war with Stefano. You'd think they'd want to prevent that

Will came out today...does anyone care? He spent half the episode yelling at Sami and being rude as usual. It almost cameacross that he yelled it at her to make her pay. YAWN

Gabi is straight up stalking herself. I cant with this story....

• Members

I can already tell the Sami/Lucas/Will scenes will be on the slightly painful side tomorrow thanks to Chandler Massey and his amazing "acting." He gets no pass from me at this point. Looking forward to Sami and Lucas' reaction though. I didn't like the way Will SCREAMED to them that he was gay

Maggie buying the spa is a joke. I was LMAO when she told Chad she needed him for an ad campaign idea she had rolleyes.gif

Gabi stalking herself is hilarious. I love Mel in this story. Chad's a dope

• Members

Why does Chandler Massey grin through every scene?

I don't even know why he's back. He's not added any value to the story and sits on his cell phone 90 percent of the time. Total waste in a pretty bad story. He was not needed at all for this story.

• Members

I think DRT & MMcP, once again, had really good intentions by including him--they're trying to honor legacy characters from a celebrated, sentimental era and they likely thought this would give the arc 'authenticity.' PB & PC almost wrote this identical story with Hope and Larry Welch, but that's the difference--that was a climatic section of a storyline, not some random nonsense (and the weak basis for this development with Basic Black and Alamania doesn't suffice for me to even compare it to the caliber of the Hope/Zach/Larry/Bo/Billie/Lexie saga). Shane returned for that and it came off very effective, while this time he's coming off as a dud. Even Dena Higley's Shane was more effective, despite largely being utilized to give Rafe credibility by making a lame comparison between the two characters.

But I loved PB & PC's Nov. Sweeps where Hope and Lexie 'died.' I loved PB & PC in general, but I'll admit I actually hated B&H under them, but that was a fun, exciting story, even though it resulted in them giving up on Lisa Rinna's Billie. Every beat was played at that time and their were a lot of great fake-outs--everyone who was included also made sense dovetailing from the baby switch (Bo/Hope/Abe/Lexie) and there was a lot of impact by including blasts from the past, Larry, Billie, and Shane. Brandon's involvement even really worked (and Tony's) and it created another leg of story for J&J, who were thisclose to reuniting, and their posts at The Spectator were key, too. THAT was how you do something like this.

Archived