DAYS: May Discussion Thread

• Members

For all of DRT & MMcP's plotting (and just plot, lol) issues, they have been better at showcasing and respecting relationships than most daytime head writers out of the last ten-ish years, which is why it's so sad and surprising that Marlena & Maggie haven't had any scenes together . . . not only should Maggie be mourning her niece, Hope . . . she should be mourning her best friend, Marlena!

I'm not even going to go there that Billie hasn't met up with Jack or Carrie yet. And maybe I missed it, but is the first time Lucas has been in the same place as Jenn?

But other than these and some other oversights, I have to confess that I think DRT & MMcP do interaction really, really well.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't find Maggie to be the glaring omission when it comes to reactions we should have seen, but rather that of Mr Maggie. Of all the people who might threaten revenge only one is actually able of carrying it out, and how could the show not show us Victor learning the news? It was nice to see Jennifer I guess and Gabi, but there is more drama to be mined from Victor than anyone else related to the deadish people. I have to agree Will is getting tiresome. His and Sami's song and dance wasn't really required for these scenes.

I liked there was a crowd scene at the pub though. Far too often soaps are these lifeless and dead two person scenes but in real life you do tend to be in locations with more than two people. Random gatherings are fun, and you don't often get to see scenes with Brady and Jennifer or Billie and Kayla, and so on. Salem is a small town where everyone is basically one big family, and they should act like it.

• Members

So when Sami finds out that everyone is alive, how long will it take her to lash out and blame John and Marlena for the unnecesary pain they've inflicted on her?

Anyoen else think Stefano was going to strike Will today? I was hoping he'd hit him. What was Will referring to that he did for Stefano which he kept secret from EJ?

• Members

Her death is happening without the benefit of a story surrounding it, so there isn't really much to show on a day to day basis. Plus, she isn't dead yet so there is very little for anyone else to say that they didn't already say the moment they found out. These fake deaths are part of the larger story to take down Stefano (I guess that's the story) and there is a lot more ground to cover.

That said, i thought the wake was nice. The best one was Victor. One of the things I think that makes John Aniston so great is he doesn't need a monologue or tears or a running commentary on how he wants his baby back. He just changes the tone of his voice slightly, and it all comes through without saying it. Conversely Patrick Muldoon and some of the others needed whole speeches but their grief was no more clear than Victor's. I loved when he threatened to kill Chad. I like Chad, but for Victor to be Victor he has to be willing to make Stefano feel the loss of a son just as he is. I wonder if he will target EJ and if that will be the ironic twist that outs EJ's true parentage, that he is really a Brady somehow. Good show except for Kayla's...were those what ladies once called culottes? Her garb was distracting me from the speeches, and why did she have to stand there, on stage almost, like she was the master of ceremonies of some sort of game show?

• Members
and thats the problem. They havent made a story out of Lexie's death. They havent given Renee her last hurrah. Its just like Lexie you are dying...we'll say goodbye when it happens! They could have done so much more but this is typical of how she has been handled the last several years

• Members

I wish I could enjoy this story, but it annoys me. You would think by now that any time Marlena 'dies', they would wait a few weeks, just to make sure she doesn't pop up alive on an island or in a golden bird cage somewhere. And how much do you want to bet that Sami goes right back to hating Marlena, John and Carrie the minute they return.

Victor's speech was very good, but even the irony of that was sort of lost.

• Members

Frankly I hate it and it's so reminiscent of the Reilly era in a way without the benefit of Reillys gift for storytelling. Yes I said gift. Letting the audience know these folks are alive immediately after the explosion, so typical lame Days and this Stefano crap is boring the he'll out of me. I wish he would have really blown up those 6 people and strangled Will.

Archived