GH: Discussion for the Month of April

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed. I never read that people thought Matt actually did it. I posted about this a few weeks ago and was told it was just a fakeout and that she only assumed Matt killed Lisa (which is why she let Anthony use her). Rarely on soaps is one of the first people thats assumed to be the killer actually is the killer. Those are usually red herrings

• Members

Regina King directed a music video for Jaheim a couple years ago I believe, so I'm necessarily surprised.

I never knew she was into directing I've been a fan since 227, now Southland, seen all her movies but she's a real trooper girlfriend holds it down...R.Sinclair I didn't realize until that woman won an Academy Award for the Hurt Locker how shut out women are from directing in H-Wood for the most part...Her acceptance speech took me to school....

I'll have to look for that video...

• Members

The first I heard of it was when Jane Campion talked about it a number of years ago. It's pretty obvious when I think back about how few women directors I ever heard of, or the even fewer who ever won awards.

It's hard to deny the discrimination is systematic when it is industry-wide and has been pervasive from the beginning days of movies.

Women were also systematically discriminated against and kept out of movie production, but a few have finally managed to get in the door.

• Members

Yep it just dawned on me I can't recall any 'women directors' I remember Penny Marshall directing stuff but even in TV none comes to mind (maybe at Sundance or something) no wonder this opportunity/program became so popular across the board for women interested in directing...

• Members

Spencer Rules are unique. It's okay for a Spencer to do anything they want because the world exists to serve them. It is never okay for anyone under any circumstances to do the slightest thing to a Spencer because the world exists to serve them.

Lupe was expendable. Spencer Rules.

Archived