January 9-13, 2012

Toups

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Webmaster

OLTL beat Y&R on 1/13 (in Women 18-49)...although I don't have the #'s in front of me to prove it just yet.

For reference, IIRC AMC also beat Y&R for their finale as well. I take that back...AMC only TIED Y&R in Women 18-49 rating (both with a 1.3 demo) for AMC's final episode on 9/23/11.

• Members

ABC made a huge BLUNDER CANCELLING OLTL. One of the STUPIDEST dumbest moves in SOAP history. The show was strong for 8 months with strong ratings, strong creatively and it went out very strong. It beat AMC's final week numbers for a show that was known as the red heded stepchild. ABC is so full of BS though right now because the Chew's numbers were inflated due to the half hour mark for OLTL. It crashed this week without OLTL. So ABC killed the Chew's momentum and then had replaced with OLTL with a show crashing so bad it might go below 1 million. ABC will regret their decision.

• Members

The network might be saving money by reduced production costs, but affiliates, who do not pay production costs, are not going to happy. It is a repeat of the Jay Leno incident at NBC. The network saves money, but the affiliates aren't happy.

I wouldn't be surprised if affiliates begin to bump off The Revolution in favor of syndicated programming.

• Members

When GH goes off the air, and I think it will, ABC Daytime will go down the toilet. They'll never get these viewers back. It's the Jay Leno incident all over again. Of course they'll save money because they won't have the costs, but people won't watch the shows and affiliates won't be happy.

Personally, I'll be so happy when all this bites them in the a#s. ABC deserves it.

And way to go OLTL!

• Members

I wish those people who keep bringing up the costs excuse could read the second part of your statement. The only thing that matters at the end of the day is how happy you make your affiliate owners and they got to be heated over these ratings for The Revolution.

It is pretty much Jay Leno Part II right now.

• Members

Well CBS claims they were losing $25 million a year with ATWT/GL and now that has turned into a $100 MM profit (for the entire five show line-up - soaps, game shows and TT). That is the unfortunate reality. I'm bummed that we lost four shows in such a short time - especially since each one made a mark on TV in one fashion or another (ATWT - 20 straight years at #1 GL - 70+ years AMC - Erica Kane! OLTL - a show that had some great stories over the year and finished the strongest of the four cancelled). Small solace. :(

Archived