January 9-13, 2012

Toups

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

WOW almost 4 million for the finale. OLTL WOW WOW WOW. It went out with a fierce bang and why didn't ABC put this in their release. It seems GH benefitted hugely from OLTL as did the Chew. The show that NEVER should have been cancelled. ABC made probably the biggest blunder in soap history with cancelling OLTL. Why do you guys think for fans it was easier to let go of OLTL then AMC? Now they get 1.3 million with the Revolution, thats a 60% percent plunge from OLTL.

• Webmaster

Looking at the #'s....

OLTL did beat Y&R in Women 18-49 on 1/13/12. OLTL had a 1.6 rating to Y&R's 1.3. Additionally, OLTL attracted over 1 million Women 18-49 viewers (actuals) for its series finale. We'll be doing a comparison report shortly as to the last time the show did this good in as many categories. Check back later for it.

• Members

It didn't just go out on top because of numbers; it went out on top in story too. What a great show. I've been watching since 1991. I'm enjoyed lurking around on these boards and reading everyone's thoughts about OLTL. Back in the 90's, I had the impression OLTL wasn't terribly popular - never talked about as much as GH, YR, AMC, etc. This board has been great in that I feel I've shared my OLTL experience with all of you. Since I don't watch any other soaps, I doubt I'll be back here - certainly not often.

It's been a pleasure sharing this experience. Thank you all for posting ratings, opinions, spoilers, etc. about one of my all time favorite television shows.

To quote Dr. Seuss, don't cry because it's over; smile because it happened.

• Members

I was kind of dreading today because waiting for the last week of ratings for OLTL was kind of -it- in my mind. It is the final outcome of 43 years. I never thought OLTL would beat AMC in its final week. I am very proud of the way this show went out. I rewatched the final episode after reading all the good, bad, and mixed critiques, and I still feel the same way. It was near perfect, and Thursday and Friday combined WAS perfect. I have not had many 27 year relationships in my life, and OLTL was there for me through thick and thin. Other than that godawful Higley era, it was time well spent. What a way to go. The Revolution will fail. Miserably. This much I know. Llanview lives on---somewhere.. And I must say that I already miss Viki (and Erika) most of all :(

Archived