January 9-13, 2012

Toups

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh dear...

The fans of “One Life To Live” and “All My Children” have marked their calendars for March 13, 2012. No, this is not the date in which these two beloved shows return to television or at least no announcement has been made to this effect, yet. This is the date that ABC has one of their regular stockholder meetings.

http://www.examiner....-and-executives

• Members

IF OLTL has great finale numbers it will just be the CHERRY on top. I am so mourning OLTL more then any other soap cancelled. It should NEVER have been cancelled in the shape it was in. I am so happy it left the airwaves strong creatively, ratings wise and delivered a fantastic ending that made laugh, cry and cry. It went on ON TOP and and left you wanting more with its integrity in tact. It was not a dying dog ala GL that was like man this thing should have died years ago. OLTL having great numbers would truly be the cherry on top.

• Members

I think close to 4 million viewers might be right b/c that's B&B and The View territory right there. With OLTL getting a 1.6 for its finale that's gotta be huge. It really depends all on how young OLTL skews in that demo. If it skews younger then it will be closer to AMC's finale viewership and if it skews older it will be around 4 million or more. Either way its an incredible rating and bittersweet for OLTL who are raving about The Revolution's embarrassing ratings this week.

I think the difference between AMC and OLTL's finales is that OLTL was the hotter and more successful soap in its current state than AMC was although AMC was always a lot more popular legacy wise. OLTL has been conistently getting 2.6-3 million viewers and improved in the demos these past few months.

• Members

The Revolution reached a 1.3 now I know for a fact unless Port Charles hit that mark ay any point that's gotta be close to an all-time low for any of the big 3 networks in daytime.

The Chew is down this week also proving also that One Life definitely helped The Chew's last quarter hour numbers from 1:45pm-2:00pm which is right before OLTL comes on. With no one interested in The Revolution that last quarter hour is not improving this week.

THE REVOLUTION (ABC)

January 2011 time period average: 2.3/ 6

Monday 1/16/12

Lead-in: 2.3/ 6

The Revolution: 1.9/ 5

Tuesday 1/17/12

Lead-in: 1.9/ 6

The Revolution: 1.5/ 5

Wednesday 1/18/12

Lead-in: 2.0/ 6

The Revolution: 1.5/ 5

Thursday 1/19/12