DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Members

I guess if I saw the Will/Sami relationship as being strong enough to where he would be so shattered by this (which, in the scheme of things, is one of her lesser crimes), or if I bought the idea of Sami/Rafe as the ideal family, I might be more drawn in, but as it is Will just seems like a big drama queen, IMO.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

It's more than just Will be a "drama queen" - he has this underlying feelings and emotions and thoughts and he doesn't know how to deal with it. Tthe subtext in this storyline is working for me. Also, it's another thing to hear about Sami's prior stunts, but to actually witness one is a totally different thing. This is the most interesting Will has ever been. He's finally getting some character instead of doing nothing ever since he was aged in 2008(?).

• Members

To me it's not really a stunt - it was a spur of the moment decision she made when she thought her son was dead, and which she was ashamed of. I think the story would have worked more if this had been an affair, and perhaps not with EJ, maybe with someone at work, a new character.

I don't see a lot of character in Will beyond being a brat. Maybe that will change, but I care less about him now than I ever did before, even when he was just wandering around with Mia and his hair hid most of his face.

• Members

Wow that Sami/Marlena flashback was a very nice touch and I love how their history was tied in with those Will/Marlena scenes. "All these years later my sins have come full circle."

Sami and Kate looked so fab in their business outfits. Loved Sami's purple blouse & Kate ROCKED that sparkly black Jacket and skirt. Their scenes were really good.

I was laughing when Lexie, Nicole & Jenn started giggling at EJ & Abe. I didn't think their scenes were half bad today.

The preview for tomorrows show looks good

Agreed

• Members

Sami talking about Mad World to Kate is so unethical...what is wrong with her? She can and should be sued for this. It would be fitting if Kate was forced to fire her in fear of getting sued herself

Will needs to just STFU and get laid already. Maybe then he will understand what his mother did and what he's been missing! LOL

I love that Marlena wasnt judgemental or hypocritical when it came to what Sami did bc she was in a similar position. IA with those that said she is a much better character when not around John

So over Brady, Madison and all their bickering. They do nothing for me

I cant beleive Abby catching Melanie and Chad was real. I thought for sure it was a fakeout. Wow, we complain about some stories going way too slow but I kinda thought that moment was way too soon. I thought they'd at least be dating in private before Abby found out. I guess Abby throws herself at Austin by the end of the week?

• Members

It is and in many cases...ILLEGAL! But this is a Soap where anything realistic doesnt exsist. Many companies make you sign something if you go to a a rival company and YOU CAN BE SUED!

Sonny and Will just need to "do" it already, lol...and after todays show, Sonny knows Will is gay.

• Members

Agreed. How are the viewers supposed to care about Abby catching Chad/Melanie if there is no build up. This has been my biggest problem with DAYS in the past 5-6 years. The majority of the storylines have no build up. And then the climax turns out to be crappy. IMO the last storyline to have a good build up was Sami & Nicole's babyswitch.

• Members

Watched a little of DAYS today.

I liked the effort from the writers by putting forth Bo and Hope therapy scenes but I couldn't help thinking that one of Bo and Hope's best friends shouldn't be their marriage therapist. And meh, everytime an ex-love comes to town, Bo will end up in bed with her.

Until this week, I had only seen Marlena being John's loyal bitch to a fault during this return. Nice to see her doing something different.

I like Rafe and Carrie's chemistry.

• Members

LoL at Sonny's "The law is against us" to Will. Sonny so knows that Will is gay.

I enjoyed the Bo/Hope scenes, but it's obvious that were getting Bo & Hope marital problems because of LR's return :eye roll

I'm really enjoying Rafe & Carrie. Never been a huge Austin/Carrie fan or Mike/Carrie fan. I think Rafe brings out a good side to Carrie. And Rafe isn't 100% boring with Carrie like he is with Sami.

The Melanie/Chad/Abby stuff was boring. Melanie & Chad can leave town for all I care.

Archived