DAYS: January Discussion Thread

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hope today's selfishness on Madison's part is a sign of her becoming a complete bitch to errbody. The Brady relationship is ruining a character that had potential. I think she needs to be thrown more into the DiMera world.

Will wants to bang Rafe.

Marlena is determined to make will come out. It's actually become humorous. I bet we get one of those famous DH orgasm sounds when he finally says it.

• Members

LOL...I havent seen today's show yet but Will banging Rafe would be hilarious!

Hahaha about DH. Will coming out became humorous when she got pissed off that Will told her about Sami and not about his sexuality.....lol

Her facial expression was priceless...lol

• Members

I thought I'd miss Carly Manning and her histrionics, but Will has picked up right where she left off. All this huffing and puffing every day, then we get him screaming "GODDDD!!!!" before kicking over a trashcan! I was dying laughing.

• Members

I only caught part of it, but I did see the John/Brady stuff yesterday and I love the dynamic. You rarely see much attention on soaps paid to fathers and sons unless the father is a ruthless blllionaire manipulating his son, and after a few months of fighting Brady just wants to be a good son and be close to his dad. They are the only people named Black on the show, so they should be working to save Basic Black. Victor can take care of Titan. Madison he knows five minutes. I have liked Brady and John ever since they escaped death together on the Melaswen when John was mere moments away from falling into a giant fan.

• Members

At least something is finally kinda happening with Brady and Madison. There is zero internal conflict to that relationship. I like the actors together and originally liked the vibe of the characters, but there's nowhere to go when two people are nice and share common values.

The Will stuff is generally working for me. I'm annoyed that he hasn't just confronted Sami already, but at least they started to address that this week. At least he has a problem and is, for better or worse, running around town coping with it. Everyone else is basically being pleasant and reasonable, which is boring. And yes, it is absolutely HILARIOUS how Marlena is waiting for him to come out.

I actually started to see the possibility of some heat between Will and Sonny this week. Sonny put his hand on Will's shoulder, and maybe it's just because of the subtext with what's going on in Will's head, but it felt charged. Sonny obviously knows what's up, but I like that he isn't mooning over Will.

This whole random, sudden quadrangle of Gabi/Chad/Melanie/Quinn is too ridiculous for words.

And the Bo/Hope counseling scene was very good, but... It felt strangely timed. They've been working together and getting along famously for months. And now that the Zack/Ciara stuff has been addressed, that's that. Counseling is a great thing to reference, but it's not especially dramatic or interesting.

I've decided that this all sorta feels like they handed the show over to a fan. The ideas pretty much all work, but it's being executed in such a perfunctory and non-dramatic manner. "A corporate storyline involving Kate and Sami" sounds great in concept -- but there's a long way to go from having that idea to executing a dramatic story. The scenes themselves, in dialogue and general interactions and historical references, are by and large quite good, but there's not enough larger framing and drive going on.

Archived