Frons to leave ABC in January

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Well…. I'd say that safely means all bets are off. It will be interesting to see what happens to the favoured children on GH when all their "protectors" are gone.

As always, what happens behind the scenes in infinitely more interesting than the happenings on screen.

• Members

I am happy that Brian Frons is done at ABC. It has been a long time coming and I am thrilled it is happening very soon. I don't know what this means for GH but having RC & FV there may be a very good thing. Even though the new person overseeing GH has no experience with scripted television that could be a great thing for GH. Maybe they will actually let RC write and FV produce without being micromanaged. Too bad we had to lose Port Charles, All My Children, One Life to Live and possibly General Hospital because of Frons' reign of terror.

• Members

SOD makes it sound like it wasn't his decision LOL

ABC confirms that Brian Frons is leaving his post as president, Daytime, Disney/ABC Television Group, when his contract expires in January 2012. "While my decision to try something new was not arrived at easily, nine years is a long time in television terms," Frons said in a statement. "I'm proud of the performance of ABC Daytime over that time, and of all of the accomplishments that our team achieved along the way. I'm especially pleased by the early results for 'The Chew' and excited for the launch of 'The Revolution,' which will be one more positive step in transforming ABC Daytime for our viewers." Commented Anne Sweeney, co-chair, Disney Media Networks and president, Disney/ABC Television Group, "Brian Frons has been the driving force in our successful Daytime division since joining us in 2002, and while we understand his decision to leave at the end of his contract, we're sad to see him go." Frons joined ABC Daytime in 2002.

http://www.soapopera...out-abc-daytime

Archived