Frons to leave ABC in January

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The Chew is seen as a success by the cheep cheep cheep standard. If it seems like a failure it's because Frons and those around him yet again bragged and oversold (hooting about how the show had beaten AMC, then watching as the show fell below AMC levels for months), and because so much money and promotion was spent on it.

As for Frons, a lot of people speculated about this earlier in the year. I'm glad that he got to make some more idiotic comments (saying soap viewers are stupid and fat, essentially) before he went.

If this new person came up with The Revolution, an incredibly terrible idea for a show even after a year in planning, then ABC is becoming even more irrelevant.

• Members

Hopefully ABC waited long enough to where they wouldn't have to pay him too much. They probably wanted him gone last year but held on for a reason.

Disney destroyed the ABC Daytime brand in the mid-90s but Frons is the one who truly gutted it beyond any hope of repair. From the first interview he did, he proved how incompetent and offensive he was.

I just hate the half-assed attempts to make these shows sound like anything but what they are.

• Members

To me what is happening to ABC Daytime is what happened to NBC Daytime a few years ago when they consolidated divisions. Everyone thought DAYS was a goner and it has been renewed twice since that consolidation. I'm not saying that GH will have the same kind of fortune but at least it is something to be considered and not just wishful thinking.

Archived