Frons to leave ABC in January

• Members

It should have, but I don't think that was Frons' or the network's goal. Remember, the purpose was not to outdo AMC, ratings-wise, but to achieve the same ratings, if not better, for less money. There's a difference.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which articles? Granted, it benefits SON to declare The Chew a failure. That plays to this site's base. But I think even SON posted an article months back that showed that The Chew was a decent business decision based on the numbers. Show me someone who is declaring The Chew a business failure.

Girl, so. would. I.

• Members

Point taken. On the other hand, I don't think GH viewers are as willing as to hang in with their show as DAYS fans were and are with theirs. That's not a knock on GH fans' loyalty. I just feel like GH fans, like GUIDING LIGHT fans before them, question whether there is anything about GH right now that's worth saving.

• Members

If Jori Peterson was being truthful (ha!) when she said that the highest-rated shows will survive Katie's arrival then GH has a real chance now with Valentini/Carlivati coming in and, most likely, being left pretty much alone to do whatever the the heck want with it.

• Members

I hate to say it, but Frons isn't the only one who made decisions about the soaps. So even though he'll be gone, the people above him are still there. I think they all want out of the soap business, unless perhaps Frank V. can get the budget for GH down pretty far. Then GH can hang on for a little while as the last soap for the network like DOOL seems to be doing for NBC.

Archived