DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

Oh yes indeed, I personally can't wait for Madison's backstory to be explored more. So many tiny hints left here and there, such as the story describing how her dad walked out on her, the mentioning of her younger siblings, and even her reaction to Johnny's disappearance could have been a hint to something.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Absolutely! The Marlena/Will dynamic is delightful. Putting these two together has been a really smart move, and it's not like Marlena is just being a boring sounding board -- she's an active part of the scenes.

Also, Patti Stanger gets more airtime than Roman!

• Members

Ok..i been not liking DAYS since the reboot, but i am starting to dig these new stories. I am really liking the Jack story and loved him with Marlena. Loved they talked about his father Harper. Also, i am digging the Alice secret as well and they talked about Susan. I am actually starting to like Days. I like as well, Marlena is using her doctor degree and talking to the people about their problems and not just being in John's shadow, brings good drama to the show.

• Members

Haven't seen today's yet (since it hasn't aired here and I'm at work), but I have to chime in that I feel the reboot is settling now. Mixing Jack up with John and Marlena... finding some momentum with Sami and Will... getting this stupid spa in place to move the Countess W/Mad World rivalry... it's like they had all these plans, and we got stuck in a literal reset where every single story was at Square One.

• Administrator

Great episode! Really liked the Jack/Marlena scenes. I'm glad he went to her to get help - I hope we see more of this. Loved all the history mentions - Harper Devereaux, Maggie on the farm, Susan and Kristen. "Mean, mean, mean" - oh how I've missed that! LOL I would love to see the backstory of how and when Stefano got a hold of EJ. I'm glad Brady/Madison didn't have sex. I thought it was too early for them and I want to see them go through obstacles before having sex.

Loved Marlena/Will yesterday too.

I do have some complaints again about how episodes are ending. Yesterday, we had Sami/Rafe hugging and today we had Marlena comforting Jack - those are really boring tags. Tags have got to be better and there has to be tags that continue to the next episode.

• Members

When was the last time Marlena actually worked as a counselor or had scenes with patients? It's nice to go back to that.

I remember when she and Laura were both counselors/psychiatrists, although Marlena mostly just worried about Susan and Susan's fantasy love life, and Laura...was zapped into memory loss. I used to imagine how terrified Laura's patients would be if they ever actually had to have a session with her.

Archived