DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The show a few years ago actually started a pseudo business rivalry storyline with EJ and Phillip. That would have been the perfect way to keep Stefano and Victor relavent and interesting and true to their roots by having them participate or even fuel a business rivalry between the families. It would have served all the parties better giving EJ and Phillip more story than the tired romances and baby stories and also could have kept Stefano and Victor relavent and still give them some opportunities to showcase some of their villianous ways and ruthlessness without the cartoonish crap. They actually IMO had a chance to do more with Stefano as part of this mayor storyline but that story IMO has turned into a huge dud.

• Members

Personally, I just got right sick of cartoon Stefano a long time ago. And it also does not match at ALL with the style of show they're trying for right now. IMO, soaps don't need over-the-top cartoon villains right now.

Having said that, if Stefano isn't the gothic cartoon supervillain he was in the 90s, they might as well exile him overseas and let the character rest.

• Members

I'm on Part 33. Marlena was just about to read the letter but was interrupted by Lady in White (Oh my god, is she ever annoying watching again. Everytime she screams, I want to shut her up.) I saw the little promo they had with Kristen finding the letter :) It's been so long since the original airing that I've forgotten so much of it.

• Members

Why don't soaps need over the top villains right now? And why is it every soap needs the same thing and they all don't need the same thing? DOOL has a treasure in Stefano Dimera and it seems a tragic waste of a valuable resource to make even a half hearted attempt to write him as if he was on Ryan's Hope. That's why they created Ryan's Hope. Days doesn't need him in a realistic mature love story, they need him with a scheme. They can give the love story to Jack and Jennifer or Bo and Hope, but Jack, Jennifer, Bo and Hope can't start cloning people or erasing minds and saving them to CD-Roms. So why waste him when so many other characters can do the job? He has other jobs to do as a character.

• Members

I guess for me it's more about what the current writing or acting can be expected to bring. I would much rather see the Marlena of the Don Craig years than what she's been in recent years, but I know that's not going to happen.

I think if they did go back to a more evil Stefano, it would probably end up being some story which is again all about Sami, and EJ would have to save her, and Sami is the new Marlena, etc.

• Members

I never saw him as a treasure. More as a crutch. When every single situation in the show's universe can be explained away with "Stefano is behind this", something needs to be done.

And no, I don't think EVERY SOAP needs to be the same, that would be a ludicrous assertion. IMO, every show should be distinct in their identities. But DAYS is trying to redefine itself (judging by how the writing's gone recently), and I just don't think old style Stefano fits it. Personally, I think that cloning people, erasing minds and saving them to CD-Roms is one of the reasons why people roll their eyes at soaps right now, and as much as I LOVE a ridiculous story now and then, it's not DAYS' style to do that kind of story right now.

As much as people are complaining that the show is boring right now, I'm thoroughly enjoying watching it. And while I get that Stefano isn't being written as the character he was, I'm not that annoyed that that's the case. I would've just written him out completely, myself.

• Members

Todays show was great! Loved the Kate/Madison/Quinn scenes. It was good to see Kate one up Madison although I'm a bit disappointed Maddy's ready to throw in the towel. Loved the last scene with Brady calling Madison out. It was pretty intense and I think the actors work so well together! Also, Quinn and Kate are kinda hot together!

Nice to see Jack not with Jennifer. Brady and John are always awesome.

Blah about the whole computer/gambling or whatever the hell it is storyline. Wake me up when Will & Sonny hump.

• Members

Good lord, if I didnt know better, Madison would be Kate's long lost daughter

Speaking of which, how many kids do she and Stefano have between them? Its what like 20 kids? She is the most fertile woman in Salem and he the most virile

As of today Im officially FF the internet storyline. Its just too awful for words

madcc.jpg

Madison looked so fierce in this shot!

What was the status of John and Jack before? I cant recall them having many scenes before

Archived