DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I thought Carly was Bobbie's best chance at new types of stories - instead it seemed like the show avoided their relationship after the mother/daughter reveal and instead kept putting Bobbie in romance stories that made her come across as a middle-aged woman who wanted to be a teenager (Bobbie/Roy ugh). Kate doesn't have that aging little girl side so I think she'll be OK. The only issue I have with these big paternity or maternity reveals is they go nowhere in the long run (Melanie/Dan, Melanie/Carly, Chad/Stefano, just the recent ones).

• Members

I will say Koslow still has smoking hot chemistry with younger male co-stars. She's been able to play Kate as a believable cougar if need be, for about 12 years now going strong.

Yeah I've said it before and will continue to like a broken record, it's absolutely dumb that John being Stefano's brother after everything they've been through, is completely ignored. Not to mention EJ and Brady being cousins to add fuel to their fire.

• Members

Kate is the kind of character who, from a narrative perspective, has defied the odds. I hope it holds true again.

Lauren Koslow is one of the sexiest women in daytime, I don't care how old she is. She has a vibe that women half her age don't even know how to comprehend. I will enjoy Kate as a cougar forever...and she's equally at ease with Stefano, certainly someone far older than her.

• Members

Haha, I also got a Carly and Bobbie vibe not even remembering that she used to play Carly! What if that baby picture we keep seeing is of Madison and she's some long lost daughter of Kate and Stefano. I really dont want them to go there but with this show, I wouldnt be surprised

• Members

I'm hoping Madison isn't Kate's long lost daughter, since it would be predictable and we have ENOUGH paternity drama going on at the current movie, but I do think that they'd play the hell out of those scenes. I just really enjoy their rivalry, I'm waiting for it to get personal. Whether it be between mother/daughter or some sort of triangle drama, I want to see it taken to the next level of a classic soap rivalry.

I'd like to know that too. Loved the scenes between them yesterday, they have a fun rapport and obviously Drake and Matt have been friends off screen since they've been on the show for years. But I don't believe Jack has had much to do with John stories ever. The only thing that's coming to mind is when Jack/Jen were searching for evidence to keep John from being executed.

I have to say, I really like what they're doing with Jack on the show right now. It's a nice new direction for him, while keeping him back in the realm of being the nosy reporter we always loved. Now Jen needs something to do. Because this "publicist" thing is bankrupt.

• Administrator

I hope Kate isn't Madison's mother - she died of cancer (that's a big no-no in terms of coming back from the dead situations).

Weren't Billie and Kate at odds before they found out they were related?

http://tvmegasite.net/transcripts/days/older/2011/trans-da-11-07-11.shtml

I really liked the Jack/John scenes too - more cast interaction and now they have something in common with held captive. I wish John had mention that Stefano had him captive instead of just saying (paraphrasing), "I know what you went through." New viewers might not know that information. I also like that Jack is working on a story again and I hope he goes to see Marlena (again, more cast interaction!).

Archived