DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lol. Well I really liked all 3 pics but with Jenn in the middle it seemed to me she was only interested in whichever man was on the left so I stuck her in the far right to (hopefully) give the illusion she's looking/thinking about both of them. LOL, but looking at it a few more times, it *could* be perceived in a few other ways. With the position Jack's in & the way his hands are on his chin, it's like he's thinking "Daniel or Jennifer?" laugh.png

Oh well. LOL

• Members

Sarah Brown looks like Tamara Braun on today's show with the messy blonde hair.

Was Brady wearing eye-liner today?

EJ shot John? Whats the story behind that

Daniel as Maggie's son.....yaaawwwnnnnn

Quinn's back. His return feels so random as I actually forgot about him. Why the heck does EJ want to associate with him?

• Administrator

They can't be ending episodes with a kiss, unless it's a dramatic kiss. I DVR'd the episode, so I thought there was another act to come (in Canada, it goes to commercial after the last scene). I was really disappointed to find out that was the end of the episode. I don't like the way tags are ending - going to commercial break or the end of an episode. You need a tag that will continue to the next episode to keep the episode continuation consistent and it needs to be little bit exciting, or there's a question, something that can be picked up in the next episode.

Boo to Daniel being Maggie's son. That parasite is now attached to Maggie. sad.png

• Members

^^ I'm still not buying it until a DNA test is done. That was WAYYYYYY too fast. There has got to be more to it. Even cliche stories aren't this fast to conclude.

And so nice to see that DH2 are getting some airtime. How will they ever survive languishing on the back-burner like they have all those years. jeal0002.gif Hogs hog, and I knew this was going to happen the moment they were announced to be returning. Maggie couldn't get an intriguing story… no, it had to be something special for the overly-propped and she is left with a long lost child with whom she doesn't even have conflict to play out. Not that I want cliche for her either, but this story is "B" if I ever saw one.

• Administrator

Let's get real, Maggie should never be the "A" a storyline. She's not the leading character and hasn't been for,what, 30 years? You're not going to make her one of the female leads now. Maggie is a "C" storyline, or a "B" storyline at best.

• Members

Maggie being the lead female of last fall was the best thing about the show for me and she did a good chunk of her work from inside a box. Maggie is underrated and I love the switch up. The same characters shouldnt always be lead and as such the same characters shouldnt always be background material (unless you're recurring or a very minor character, which Maggie is not) . Soaps should rotate characters in and out of story. Besides, I wouldnt consider whats currently going on with Maggie the show's "A" storyline.

• Members

DH + DH = DH2 (Deidre Hall + Drake Hogestyn)

Toups, i don't think I will EVER understand or accept that soaps make second rate actors their "leads" while those with real talent and skill are in the background (Days isn't the only show to do it). It's always seemed like a "cut off their nose to spite their face" behaviour IMO. In her sleep SR can act circles around DH, yet Marlena has been the focus of almost everything for 2 decades while Maggie has been on the shelf. The best and bravest thing Days ever did was fire Hall. So many other actresses were then allowed to step up to the plate and show what they could do. But now all of that is stuffed back into the bottle as Hall hogs the canvas yet again. Her fans might be happy that they got what they wanted, but the show will suffer for it.

• Members

And the show is suffering for it, ratings haven't gone up at all, in fact, they're down. Firing DH2 was the bravest thing I've ever seen in daytime and it revitalized the show for me.

If DAYS had the good sense to rotate characters around like the UK soaps do then it'd be fine to have DH2 on the canvas, but that doesn't happen and the writing is hacked up crap.

Are you serious? Maggie isn't capable of ever leading or shouldn't be leading an "A" storyline? Intergenerational writing means rotating characters around in and out of relevance. Every character should shine in different storylines and Suzanne Rogers proved her worth the last few years. What did the DH2 prove the last few years? That they are about as expendable as garden waste.

• Members

I think its nice for the DH fans and I guess Days fans in general that they are back and I for one believes there is a place especially for Marlena on canvas but I don't get the idea that only certain characters "deserve" to be in A storylines. It has hurt Days in the past and while firing the DH's was a good move, centering EJ. Nicole . Sami on the frontburner non stop ultimately hurt the show in the same way. GH has done it for years with Jason, Sonny, Carly, AMC did it for years with Ryan, Kendall, Greenlee and how have the shows been better for it. All it does is burns out story far too quickly for characters. And you get ridiculous nonsense like they are doing with Jack.Jennifer,Daniel, a repeat of the same stories for the same characters. How is that good or fresh? IA with whoever said why is it UK soaps have no issue doing it, heck even primetime ensemble shows dont spend their time focusing on one or two characters non stop at the expense of other characters. And US soaps years ago didn;t do it.

Archived