DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Victor and Maggie getting married is rushed.Maggie should have accepted in the excitement and then had second thoughts.Melissa visits to discuss with her mother her doubts about Victor.(Lisa Trusel seems willing to return from time to time) Julie should definitely chime in. Maggie talking to a picture of Mickey about her confusion.

Maggie is overwhelmed and tells Victor she has changed her mind.Victor gets grumpy and says perhaps then they should stop seeing each other,blah,blah,blah

Classic soap stuff.

• Members

The whole thing is quite rushed and not fitting with the dialogue just two months ago that Maggie was going home and wasn't ready for marriage. I can't help worrying that this is setting the stage to push Magic even further into the background after the pre-requisit "you lied to me" argument over Daniel when it finally happens (not if).

I don't know why soaps do this to themselves…. why all this boasting of "getting back to the basics" when there's a great deal of argument about what that should and does mean. Surely to heavens complicated characters are not difficult to write - we've seen them - and coming up with new dynamics or series of interactions should be the expectation of new writers. This same-old same-old with different packaging is not going to impress the already dwindling soap fans.

• Members

That wasn't what I was referring to. It is just all of a sudden you find out your blood is not what you thought it was, and those cousins at the family reunion you thought connected to all these years because it was so cool that 120 years ago some guy had three brothers on Ellis Island aren't even your cousins. You think you are part of one tribe, and suddenly you are part of another. That pilgrimage you took back to the old country and Castle Daniel where your great great great grandfather died in a gunfight over a girl, well now it isn't your history anymore so who gives a !@$%?

Then you adjust and life goes on, but it is all a lot to take in.

• Members

It really doesn't make much sense for Quinn to be brought back. He's got some heavy baggage (of course, so does EJ yet he remains on the canvas, but I digress...) and no family ties except to a character who was just written off (Viv) and who'll more than likely never return again. :( I get it, he's good looking, has pecs that almost require a bra, but really, what's the point? Why not just write in a new character to run a spa?

• Administrator

DAYS has missed a couple of great opportunities to show flashbacks: today when Jack/Jen were talking about being stuck in a cabin (did that really happen?), and last week when Bo/Hope were walking about their previous weddings.

Loved Brady/Madison today. Today's scenes were once again, what I call, "flashback worthy scenes" - scenes that could be used in the future for flashbacks or montages. Also, we learned more about Madison. I wish Brady brought up that his mother also died of cancer. That would've been a good bonding moment.

I agree. I've always thought he had a lot of potential. The DAYS has done a poor job in creating new bad guys and schemers.

I don't think he's right for Nicole since he's shorter than she is. I was thinking Quinn could become interested in Carrie.

Archived