DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

Do we have any reason to believe that Madison would know Kate is Johnny's grandma? As far as I remember, she only knows that Kate is Sami's ex mother in law. So given that, I see no problem with Madison's nastiness. She obviously was upset over Johnny, why? No clue. But the writers are clearly alluding to something with Madison. I think its interesting that she has no family photos. Did they burn in a fire along with her family? It would explain why she's so detached from everything but her company.

Yesterday's show was great! Let's keep up the drama, DAYS!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Johnny's dead? Is that where they are going with this. I didnt feel a damn thing in the final scene when they had the room react to it. So lame especially since the "evidence" is so weak and we all know he's hidden somewhere

He had cancer? Oh sh-t, I completely forgot about that. My god, just how much can this boy endure? Kidnapped, cancer, his eye cut out, presumed dead and all within the las year

Quinn is so useless

• Members

Alison Sweeney has been rocking it EVERY SINGLE DAY this week! I have been so captivated by her performances! The way these last two episodes have ended, man I've turned into a mess! This week has been so raw & emotional.

Sami/Rafe, Sami/Marlena/Will, Sami/Hope, Sami/Kate, we have gotten dynamite scenes and writing within all of these Sami pairings. And yes it's all about Sami and I'm not afraid to say I don't mind it one bit. LOL. I love her. & I feel like she's been "back" this week, even though she's been a total mess over Johnny going missing the writing for her has improved 1000% IMO. This is how Sami should be written (minus all the crying, which is understandable right now at least).

I loved the Sami/Rafe scene with the sandwich, and Sami just blowing up at him like that out of nowhere. You could tell that was building up.

I swear EJ spouted out a waterfall from his mouth today in those scenes with Stefano LOL, damn. But JS has been great.

• Members

This show is on FIRE the past week! This is what I was waiting for with this reboot -- focused storytelling with actual stakes. Every Sami interaction has felt fresh, despite all being familiar dynamics. And how much have I loved Marlena actually being called out on putting John above everyone else?! I never thought I'd hear that.

The complexity of the Sami/Kate scenes was fantastic. I was worried we were just reverting to how they were pre-Higley, but this was a natural progression of how they were in 2010 when Sami lived at DiMansion.

I can't say enough great things about the show this week. Not that they can or should always rely on a child-in-peril situation to get to this quality, but if this is the type of thing these writers are capable of, I'm finally in.

• Members

I get two separate feelings out of this, one is yours which is they're in the process of rebuilding Sami and getting her back to the way she used to, and should, be. The other feeling I get is that this current Sami is temporary and she'll go back to being the "heroine" the show tried to turn her into which really never worked out IMO. Sami as a heroine is laughable. She has been a pod these last few years. I really hope they don't back pedal her back to that. Guess we'll see....nonetheless, Ali has really nailed it this week. Really looking forward to Friday's show.

• Members

I thinks she will be in the middle, where she belongs. She was bat [!@#$%^&*] crazy, but never really a villian. She did what she did under the assumption of it being right. She didnt set out, usually, to ruin people. If people got ruined in her process of getting what she wanted, then so be it. Its always been more good girl gone bad than bad girl gone psycho with her.

Even with right now, Sami is pretty much a heroine. But she isnt a saintly, perfect, angelic heroine. She is being a bitch, and judgmental but it works because from her perspective she is totally in the right. I feel the same about her crying, its excused because of the reason behind it - of course she is crying. I love that she isnt just a weeping willow waiting in the wings tho.

And she was TOTALLY on point in everything she said.

Wtih Carrie on the canvas, there is no need for Sami to be a heroine. The only time she truely worked as the heroine was during the baby swap, and that was far more circumstantial than anything, because of what was being done to her and Nicole being the villian. It seems like they may be doing similar things with Sami and Kate, taking them back to who they were, but keeping parts of what works for them today. Both needed to grow up, but both became shells of themselves at some point. It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

• Members

Marlena bursts into tears when she finds out the DA doesn't want to consider Carrie's plea offer -- but she doesn't cry when her little grandson goes missing? Says it all really.

Poor Ali Sweeney is losing her voice with all the crying she's doing. And WTG Chandler Massey taking control of that awesome scene from Sweeney -- what a talent.

Love the Stefano-EJ scene. Days production values look stunning at the moment: the DiMera living room has never looked so rich. Thanks, Noel Maxam!

Tomorrow: Sami & EJ face-off. Squeee!

• Members

Sami was SPOT ON when she said Marlena choose John years ago and is doing it again. SPOT [!@#$%^&*] ON.

She totally is. She has said this - and whats coming - was the hardest of her career. Man, is she ever delivering tho. I feel the rage, feel the anger, feel the dispar and desperation and sadness and hope and every other feeling one can have.

Ali & James play the love and hate both equally and amazing off eachother.

• Administrator

Wow! What a fantastic episodes, aside from the ending. I hate grief kiss/sex (hopefully it doesn't lead to that). It's such a cheap plot point. Our son is dead, let's have sex! Ugh. So stupid. I hate EJ/Sami as a romantic pairing so I'm freaking out a bit. I really hope M&D don't go there or else I'll be very disappointed in them. :(

Anyway, Ali and James are always so good in scenes together. There sure was a lot of yelling but loved it. I felt their anger and hatred towards each other. "If you were such a good mother, why does your children always die!!!" And there was all that grabbing and slapping and physicality. Sami bringing up Sydney's kidnapping and hoping EJ did have Johnny, "Please tell me you have him locked away somewhere." "No.....I don't." The directing in their scenes was so good today. The sequence of shots when EJ gets the phone call was superb. EJ gets the phone call, drops the phone....cut to outside the mansion and you see EJ's reaction but don't hear his reaction....cut to the fireplace shot, again with no audio, as EJ falls down and you see Sami in the background, standing in the foyer. Such a beautiful shot! And the lighting in the Dimera mansion these last two episodes was such great to look at. It was Ed Scott-esque. Bravo, Noel Maxam! You learned very well from your mentor.

Another great scene today was John/Austin where Austin tells him that he now realizes that he is innocent, and John tells Austin to look after his family when he's gone.

Deidre was so good again with her tears. No hysterics today.

Chandler Massey is great young actor. He's been so good these past week. I loved the scene where Roman tells Sami about the piece of clothing, and you could see tears forming in Will's eyes. That little cut-away-shot to his reaction showed so much emotion.

Galen Gering also did a good job yesterday. You could feel the pain by watching Rafe's eyes, he just wanted to help his wife (that sandwich scene!!). It was a great contrast from Sami going off and being so emotional. Great Rafe/Sami scenes this week.

I also liked that Hope slept over to say with Sami. I thought that was a nice touch and showed that connection between aunt and niece, and we rarely see that connection with Hope/Sami.

This has been the best week so far in M&D's tenure. Oh and a yay to episode continuation!

• Members

Agreed. I'm a couple episodes behind, but Sami ripping into Marlena was pretty much justified. Marlena centers her whole world around John, no matter her children's crises. And yes, Massey has been delivering great scenes alongside Sweeney. I love the little touches of other characters in the room, like Hope tearing up, as we'll see Bo & Hope struggling with their own child traumas of the past.

Archived