DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thats still awfully convenient. Like where the heck was he and how did he dissappear from a room full of people undetected when he was standing right next to them? Why couldnt the police locate him?

Im really disgusted with how he was announced dead. The media confirms it on tv and thats how Sami and her family find out. WTF? If I were in that position, Id sue

• Members

I cannot be the only one who busted out laughing @ EJ at first. His crying towards the beginning of the show was COMEDY to me. I cannot stand the way James Scott cries. LOL. I really wasn't feeling his performance until EJ's anger started to come out in full force. He was holding back a bit in the physical fighting scenes w/Sami but overall it was very well done.

Ali was just amazing all throughout. Chandler Massey rocked it to, man that guy can cry at the drop of a hat!

rolleyes.gif at Johnny hiding in the pub this whole time. That was so lame how it all came out.

I have seen some of the most disgusting, hateful things said about her these last few weeks from a gang of extra steam pressed haters. I don't get or understand it either. I agree with you, she was really great this week.

• Members

Having seen this week...I'll say this: DAYS improved but it's still a lot of boring nonsense and the finale with Johnny was terrible.

The Fabulous

Kate & Sami: definitely the best scenes of the week came from those two. The writing was perfect. Perfect. Flawless. Inspired. Lauren Koslow and Alison Sweeney have 16 years of history and chemistry and they brought it this week. When the chips are down, Kate and Sami are there for one another.

Will: Chandler Massey is an amazing soap crier. He brings palpable pain to his scenes. Impressive stuff.

Sami: Alison Sweeney was great. I especially loved when she grabbed the shooter by the collar and shook him about demanding to know where Johnny is.

The lighting in the Dimera mansion and the "silent" crying scene with EJ and Sami: from a production standpoint those were awesome. And you just KNOW that's all Noel Maxam, who, of course, has been axed.

The Horrid

John and Marlena: has Drake's acting gotten worse? He constantly looks constipated. Deidre was really good with Chandler Massey, but the rest of the time I thought Marlena came off as an unfeeling bitch whose eyes leaked the odd tear.

Nothing for Abe and Lexie. Lexie could be injected into this story, yet she languished on the sidelines. Renee Jones is being wasted.

Austin and Carrie continue to be irrelevant. Patrick Muldoon's hair and drag queen voice continue to irritate.

Madison and Brady were not likeable this week, for whatever reason the writing for Madison is extra shrill as of late...that's bad.

Bo and Hope were useless this week.

Nothing for Maggie, Victor, Nicole, Stefano.

The WTF

Johnny's been hiding in the pub. Um. Wow. Ridiculous. All this drama because Caroline Brady doesn't know how to clean her effing pub after all these years? That was lame as hell. Really rubs me the wrong way as a viewer. All this week's drama for absolutely nothing.

Overall, the show is still dull. What made this week tolerable were the performances from a few actors (Koslow, Sweeney and Massey most notably), but the writing itself is still weak, the action was all without motivation and the 'punch' at the end of the week was sort of a slap in the face to the viewer who had invested in the notion that little Johnny wasn't safe. The problem for DAYS, as the ratings suggest, is that the last two weeks people have tuned out, you have to wonder if they'll have given this week a pass as well, missed elements that are enjoyable and not give the show another look, the promos for DAYS are horrendous, thereby perpetuating the decline in ratings.

• Members

Another day, another episode where Marlena sobs over her beloved giant dildo John going to trial -- but not a tear for her grandson. John continues to treat his "Doc" like a piece of crap. Austin looks as old as John. Carrie is a bore. Fast forward!

Johnny was hiding in the Brady pub under a table?! Did he not hear everybody calling for him, his mom sobbing?! WTF? It would have been more realistic if CrazyCaroline (remember her) had kidnapped the poor tyke in order to get back at the DiMeras for Poppa Shawn's death or something.

The only scene worth watching was the Sami/EJ confrontation. It's not about the grief sex (I hate grief sex on soaps, wish it had never been invented) or some misplaced devotion to "Ejami love" for me it was the dynamic of these two characters confronting each other. Mortal enemies who happen to have kids. It is about the duel. I don't know if that makes much sense.

• Members

What a dumb resolution this was. The kid was hiding in the middle of a police crime scene. I realize Roman will never be Sherlock Holmes but how stupid can one police dept. be? The EJ and Sami scene was decent but none of it made sense. EJ knows John is not a criminal so to start ranting like that with a straight face during a moment of stress just didn't ring true. He doesn't believe it and wouldn't have said it so honestly under the circumstances. The kissing at the end was just ridiculous. I thought it was a nice scene when Austin finally came around.

• Members

You weren't the only one, I busted out laughing as well. That was soo bad but he improved (thankfully) once EJ was filled with rage & lashed out at Sami. Those scenes were mesmerizing.

Ali Sweeney & Chandler Massey are so good though & look so much alike.

• Members

Does Will officially like dick yet? Good question! After months of hoopla of Will acting this way or that way or supposedly looking at Sonny this way or that way or him acting this way or that way alongside Gabi, I've not yet been shown the impression that Will wants to go for a ride on another man's cock. I've been waiting for that one secretive lusty moment that Will has behind Gabi's back. It just hasn't materialized.

• Members

I thought this entire week was tremendously well-executed, and most of Friday's show was fantastic. The lighting in the DiMera mansion living room was so atmospheric -- it's been a long time since I truly felt a sense of atmosphere like that from Days. Chandler Massey has been absolutely great playing Will as a total mess, and the Sami/Marlena stuff earlier in the week was great. Neither one is right or wrong, but their separate POVs make absolute sense. (And Marlena does put John as a priority over everything else...)

Johnny turning up in the damn Pub was ridiculous. So either he walked out of the Pub and back in a full day later without anyone noticing, despite the place being a crime scene, or their thorough search did not include looking under the tables (several of which were overturned during the shootout, anyway). I mean, come on.

I thought the Sami/EJ blow-up was terrific right up until the kiss. I think I know what they're hoping to get story-wise out of this, but it wasn't set up in a way that fits the result. Those types of explosive fights are where Sami and EJ should be at this point. Him putting his hands on her was shocking, but if you're gonna go there, you have to admit that he's a violent maniac. Can't have it both ways. If the entire point of this was to get them kissing and, presumably, hooking up, then the set-up shouldn't have included that fight. That shot of them crying together on the floor in front of the fire was lovely, and I got the emotion in that moment: people who share a child, no matter the circumstances of their relationship, will always be bonded by that child. They could've built on that and turned it into a moment of surprising intimacy out of anger, something Sami hasn't really felt with her family during this ordeal.

Also, I got a huge LOL out of Quinn calling the Salem PD "donut-eaters."

Archived