DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

Okay, after today I'm officially on the Bradison ship! I admit, I started to wonder about them after the past couple weeks but damn! They were so hot! That kiss! The dance! I loved learning more about Madison too. You could see she had her guard up throughout most of their scenes, but hell, even I'd let it down for a guy like Brady. Well, Brady's body. But I'm shallow like that.

Nicole and EJ were pretty hot too! And for the first time, I actually felt something for Jack and Jennifer. I'm sure that will come to pass, though.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't care for the Afghanistan flashbacks. I think the story is good, but, considering the tight budget, less is more. I think the tight shots on Jack worked to show the fear and gave a claustrophobic vibe to the scenes, but the overly dramatic music and special effects are unnecessary. Why complicate something that doesn't need to be?

The end with Jen comforting Jack was a tender and sweet moment. It was a rather genuine moment.

Similarly, I thought the exchange between Maggie / Melanie was nice. Maggie's line about how nothing will change was beautiful and Melanie calling her grandmother was sweet. Unfortunately, it also highlighted how unnecessary this plot seems to be. What is going to change? Daniel claimed there was a period where Maggie didn't care for him. I don't remember this. Maggie was involved in the Chloe / Daniel affair, but remained neutral, admitting life isn't always black or white. I think there were better ways to provide conflict for Victor / Maggie rather than providing Maggie with a long lost child.

I'm glad to see the scenes about Nicole not needing a man and E.J. wavering between women has led to significant change in their story. With that said, I like E.J. and Nicole, but I don't think the mayor storyline works. Nicole's comment about E.J. being morally corrupt illustrates this fundamental flaw. Granted, everyone jokes politicians are crooks, but E.J. is a legitimate criminal. What's next Marlena being named Salem's Friendliest Neighbor?

The Brady / Madison scenes were a bit bizarre. Since Brady's return, he has been more of a piner than someone who is openly affectionate. So when Brady of spent the entire time flirting with Madison, I found the situation out of place with the character I've come to know. The dialogue indicated Madison was concerned about getting her work done, but Brown's body language didn't read that way. I don't mind the couple, but I had higher hopes for this scene than what I saw.

• Members

I enjoyed yesterday's episode. For the first time in a long time. And I love the flirty Bradison dynamic! :wub:

Well, Jack/Jen and Nicole/Ej still have "it." Sigh to the latter pairing. Nicole is on the road to being deeply hurt all over again.

Not feeling Daniel being Maggie's son but according to the previews, nothing is a fait accompli... I would love a SL twist where Daniel isn't related to maggie. The Maggie/melanie relationship stands on its own, it doesn't need contrived blood ties to prop it up.

• Members

There is a lot of mileage to be had from Maggie and Melanie wanting to be related and Maggie's child turning out to be somebody else. Somebody who grows jealous of the closeness and love that Melanie shares with Maggie. Shades of Nikki, Kay and Jill on Y&R, you know?

• Administrator

Yay! We got that today. :) Another good episode for Brady/Madison.

So Magie/Victor got married and Brady, Hope, Bo, Jen, Doug, Julie weren't there? Come on! I thought Corday was going to spend more money so we can have lots of people at one location. And Bo/Hope were at Victor's yesterday! It made no sense for them not to be there today. And Brady was on today. What a lackluster wedding. At miss weddings at St. Lukes.

• Members

I really enjoyed Bradison today. It wasn't the usual with them this time, it was much deeper and I thought both actors did a wonderful job. Today Sarah looked so much like Carly circa '97. I liked her hair more disheveled. She looked very soft which hasn't been the case in recent years.

Love that Nicole is so hesitant to be with EJ. She should be saying all these things to him and then some. I don't blame her for sleeping with him either. Seriously, who wouldn't? Again, both actors did a fantastic job.

Can we please have shirtless Brady and EJ every day?

Archived