DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

Thanks for the clarifcation but Stefano is just as guilty now. Thats all Marlena is going to care about and she and her clan's blaming the Dimeras for everything will have been proven right. Ugh! I hate how self righteous they are adn was hoping for them to be wrong about this. Another throwback to the 90s. I wish the show had evolved from the Dimeras archaic vendetta and their need to mess with John's memories

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Roman: "EVERYBODY STAY DOWN! STAY DOWN! STAY DOWN! ANYBODY HURT? STAY DOWN! STAY DOWN! AGAIN, ANYBODY HURT? ANYBODY HURT? STAY DOWN! STAY THE F*CK DOWN!"

Me: UGH! STFU!

I really wish he was not in those scenes! SO annoying! Everyone was down, no one was screaming in PAIN. Shut up!

Besides that I loved the pub shootout scenes. Very well done. Clever of DAYS to open up the fourth wall of the pub to use for most of the shootout damage (the glass windows), it shielded them from having the actual pub set get severely damaged.

I hated that after the second scene of the shootout, the next scene had everyone walking about like it was over. WTH? I was half expecting another shot to come in but that didn't happen.

Love the twist of Johnny going missing. AS did great!

I really hate that EJ is the one who framed John.

• Members

The fallout of Nicole / E.J. was good. I'm glad I was wrong about Nicole and E.J. going for another round. There seemed to be some real growth. Has there been any hint onscreen what they plan on doing with Nicole? While this was all nice, it doesn't feel like it is going anywhere. The only problem I had with the scene was Nicole talking about knowing E.J. below the belt. I took me out of the moment.

The Jen / Hope scenes where Jen talked about Jack were excellent. Probably the best scenes I've seen since Jen confronted Carly over her addiction. Alfonso played solid support during the scene and Reeves was strong. At times, I think Reeves can fade into the wallpaper, but I thought she seemed genuinely concerned about Jack and his well being. As someone who doesn't hate Daniel, I was disappointed with the suggestion that Maggie is Daniel's mother seems to mainly drive Daniel's story by putting him on equal footing with PTSD Jack. It was also disappointing to have their scenes dissolve into the Alice - Stefano - secret baby storyline. I just don't see how this could be heading in any sort of direction that would be entertaining or help the canvas. The show has become inbred enough.

The family scenes at the Brady Pub were nice. The Johnny - John exchange was rather poignant in emphasizing the fact John doesn't have much time left if he chooses to give up. The Marlena / Will talk over ice cream was nice. However, I couldn't understand why they were playing ball with a roll of paper towels with the towels still on it. Also, when everyone was looking for Johnny, I was thinking, 'Isn't anyone afraid of getting shot?'

• Members

This is such a big week for Alison Sweeney. She worked it today! The best scene was the one she had with Carrie outside the Brady pub. And I love how they have Sami running around town actually LOOKING for Johnny.

I kinda like how they had that clock running throughout the whole episode, pretty cool idea & a nice touch.

Was it in the script for Sami to refer to Marlena by her name or was it AS who did that? Also thought it was weird how Sami called Caroline "Caroline".

Didn't care for the Jennifer/Daniel scenes. Ugh rolleyes.gif

I don't think so..

• Members

I have not been drawn in by this Days reboot, and I think the ratings reflect that I am not alone. However, Sweeps so far has been on point and yesterday's episode was especially strong. I hope the ratings will show an upturn as a result. No John and Marlena "emoting" (BTW, is it me or does John seem particularly nasty to Marlena and she's just not getting it?). No Carrie & Austin snoozing it up. Instead, some really good dialogue referencing history in the Kate & Sami scenes, EJ calling out Roman and Rafe's macho "let's not worry fragile little Sami" attitude, Alison Sweeney knocking it out of the park again. You really do feel she would pound the streets calling his name until she had no voice left. Alos it created balance to mix in the Mad World/Countess Wilhemina rivalry with Kate using the opportunity to muscle in on one of Madison's business contacts.

In fact, I think it was the way Kate was written yesterday that impressed me the most. First of all, girl was looking stunning in her smart suit, clutching a full-length fur coat. Her dialogue never compromised her intelligence. You could see she was worried about Johnny, but her smarts are still there, whether it is debating whether John could ever be an embezzler with EJ or doing the business stuff. And her conversation with Sami was gold. Love.

It helps that little Johnny is the focus of all this desperation and attention, the viewers have an attachment to the little boy playing him.

• Members

I thought Madison was unnecesarily being an insensitive bitch to Kate yesterday. My goodness her step-grandson just went missing. Madison could have put that nonsense on hold considering the circumstances. On a side note, I love that Kate did and was there to comfort Sami. This is how they were prior to the new writers coming in and having Kate hate her again for no reason.

Archived