AMC - Friday - September 23, 2011

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
  • Members

I actually loved the ending. Where they have taken JR Chandler, he's not to be a head Chandler. He's a renegade. A sick and ruthless individual. A !@#$%^&*] can only take so much before he or she snaps.

That ending it didn't disappoint, b/c we all wondering who he shot. I'd tune in for 2.0 epi 1 but after that forget about it. Me personally I'd have JR on the run. He's like Franco, can come back to torment Pine Valley in guest stints. They can even Bonnie and Clyde it w/ Annie and him. So much possibilities.

Oh, I'd have that shot either hit Erica, Marissa or Kwak. Jacob Young went out w/ a bang. You'll always remember JR Chandler from now on.

Oh and kudos to Jackson's finale there. About [!@#$%^&*] time!mad.gif

• Members

To me the REAL cliffhanger is who in the hell does David Hayward have alive and why would Dixie not want to know? Who can it be? What exactly do we know about this mystery person? It's a female? She's blonde? And that's IT?

I'm just tickled that they brought back Stuart. That needed to be done and when I figured out it was him last week (I've only been tuning in spoaradically until the last few weeks) I was just thrilled. Stuart was the heart of the show for a long time and AMC never recovered from his absence. Whoever decided it was a good idea to kill him off (PRATT!) and allowed the travesty to happen on their watch (JHC!) ought to NEVER work in soaps again. Everyone always blamed the head writers as the problem with this show and it boggled my mind that the one consistent throughline in ALL of those terrible regimes was JHC. I don't care how much power that EPs at ABC supposedly do and do not have- she should have gone LONG ago and an EP with some balls should have been brought in. Seriously, she made Jean Dedario Burke look like John Conboy (when he was on Y&R of course!).

Anyhoo, I thoroughly enjoyed the finale and found even the ending to be satisfying, however annoying. Dontcha just hate a last episode that makes you want to tune in tomorrow? Because tomorrow may never be coming and for some of us, it's definitely never coming.

But hearing Susan Lucci utter "I'm Erica Kane" one final time was gratifying. Watching Opal & Erica do their Lucy and Ethel schtick one final time was super fun. Hearing Adam call for Winifred brought a smile to my face. Seeing my long-suffering Brooke finally get her happy ending was gratifying. Having Jackson paraphrase Rhett Butler was genius, if obvious. Listening to Tad give one final poignant speech was fitting and fabulous. Getting to watch JR verbally decimate Dixie felt like a personal wink and thank you to this fan who has hated Dixie and her myriad of bad hair cuts since he started watching in 1993. And remembrances of Phoebe, Myrtle, Palmer, and Mona were lovely, as we all know David Hayward couldn't possibly have them hidden away. My only disappointment was not getting to see my Marcy play her iconic Liza Colby one final time but seeing her in the special People issue and mentioned on The View today goes to show what an important part of AMC history she truly was, whether some fans (on this board particularly) care to admit it or not.

And watching the next generation read the All My Children Poem was poignant and sad, knowing that we'll never get to watch the trials and tribulations of their lives play out on screen. Can you imagine the psychological drama we would have gotten between AJ and Miranda, with Spike playing hero? It would have been glorious.

And so, another one bites the dust. Being that I haven't truly been invested in AMC since the decimation of the Greys, the loss isn't hitting me as hard as ATWT did last year, but I feel it just the same. Never will I get to peek in on the lives of Erica and Brooke and Adam and Stuart and Marian and Tad and Opal and JR and Bianca and Marissa and Jackson and David and all the others. Well, at least not on network television. Gone are my fantasies of my Marcy someday returning to reclaim her iconic role as Liza Colby and of Ryan & Greenlee finally being broken up and put with more suitable partners, not to mention the overrated and overexposed Zach & Kendall (how GREAT was it that those four took a back seat to everyone else in the final episode?!?) Gone is All My Children. All My Shadows entire screen name now consists of cancelled soaps. How depressing.

R.I.P. AMC :(

• Members

I didn't mind the cliffhanger, I just felt like the way you do after eating chinese food. Ten minutes later you no longer feel the effects of eating it and are ready to eat again. It was all just too rushed. They could have spent a week just about Stuart doling out wisdom to the entire town, or Joe. What about Marian now that Stuart is alive? Don't Dixie and Adam have any final thoughts to say to each other about where JR went wrong? They got 10 seconds.

• Members

I'm not a regular AMC viewer, but I actually liked the finale. The best parts for me were the opening montage, and the big breakup between Erica and Jackson. Agnes & Lorraine could've given them a happy ending for the fans, but instead they gave what I felt was a real, honest conversation/fight filled with these characters' real emotions! Being a longtime soap fan who saw a show like GL thrive when they let their characters drive story, this was a pleasure to see! And Jackson's Gone With The Wind last words, & Erica's vow to win him back, will go down as one of my favorite memorable soap opera moments! And to top it off, wondering who was shot, and who David is hiding, has me anxiously awaiting the show's move to the internet.

• Members

The whole point of the finale is to entertain and transistion easily, that and leave a dangling carrot, TBQH, I'm sick and tired of Orphacrapeus. JR could kill anyone in that room, if 2.0 goes, JR simply got away. He's in the tunnels and has a plane waiting for his departure. JY could do guest stints, other ppl have.

Archived