AMC - Friday - September 23, 2011

• Members

What an awful ending to the show. Really Agnes?? I expected more from AMC and just got crumbs.

They should have done something more closer to this with JR attending and us(the audience) and those at the party not knowing JR had a gun and he fires 3 shots.

<iframe width="480" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hOyFWR2cp-E" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wanna bet?

I grew up with no friends. All the kids at school, from kindergarten straight through high school, dismissed me as a joke. ("If I had a nickel for every time you came home and whined about why nobody liked you," says my mother.) They even made fun of me whenever I sang at talent shows, in music class or at school musicals! And no one, save for my parents, told me I was "good enough," or that my dreams were worth dreaming. The only things that kept me going were these shows - not just AMC, but ATWT, GL and OLTL, too - that were like friends to me; and the belief that one day I'd show every single one of those jackasses back home that I was somebody.

So when I say Erica Kane and GUIDING LIGHT's Nola Reardon were my role models, believe it.

I've wanted to write for these shows since I was a child, not just because I like to tell stories, but b/c maybe - just maybe - there's someone out there like me who needs to know there are worlds that exist where everyone wants you to achieve your dreams because they love you and want you to be happy. Even if those worlds exist only inside a TV screen.

• Members

I loved these reviews from viewers

The final episode was kinda lame for me, personally. It seemed overly saccharin and cheesy. I liked Brooke and Adam getting engaged and Angie regaining her sight, as well as the hidden mystery surrounding the 2nd person that David has hidden, but that last scene just screamed SLOPPY. I wanted something more cohesive and powerful. The editing and lack of REAL dramatic impact at the end was a bit disappointing. I wanted something REALLY powerful like the episode of Dynasty something more similar to the Moldavian massacre. Why not REALLY make people want to know what happened in an INTENSE way? I expected so much more.

Today was good but kind of a letdown. The only "cliffhanger" I thought was done well was when Jack walked away from Erica ala Rhett Butler and Erica with her Scarlett O'HAra vowing to get her man back.

THe other patient if there is one I thought was poorly mishandled as a cliffhanger

The shot at the end didnt have anywhere near the impact it did on the end of the Sopranos and I am thinking they were going for the same impact.

Overall I dont think messing with the ending helped anything in terms of carrying viewers over to AMC 2.0. It was kind of blah

And DC review was laughable.....

We won't know who lived to love another day in Pine Valley until January 2012, but one thing is for certain, if Agnes and Lorraine were tasked with giving us something to make us follow All My Children, wherever she ends up — Mission Accomplished.

• Members

Which is why I think Jack will be the one to bite the bullet. ;)

Yes. But it's someone new, and the mystery surrounding her true identity, David's connection to her, and even the circumstances behind her death will be AMC 2.0's first big story. I hope.

• Members

I feel bad for those who wont get to see who got shot. PP should have started from scratch. The cliffhanger series finale didnt have me on the edge of my seat. It didnt have me wanting to pay for it online come January. How many are actually going to remember it is online in January or even care by then? I expected more from AMC and thats why I taped it. What a shame.

• Members

Oh, honey, that's not an unfamiliar story at all. These shows and these people were a constant companion to so many of us. I've talked about that same sense of comfort and community and an ongoing continuum that the medium provides many times. But you've also come a lot further than that since. And I'm sure you've still got further to go. Believe me, if I can make half a living writing in this city, anyone can. And call one of your friends and go get a pint of ice cream or a lot of wine.

• Members

I'm too lazy to go through all the posts here and quote people so I'm sorry if this has all been said before.

Wow!!!! Now that is how to end a soap!biggrin.png

I'm glad Adam proposed to Brooke and I hope David Canary & Julia Barr will put in a guest appearance online to have the wedding.

Even though I've long loved Jack & Erica together, I'm glad he finally stood up for himself. She does always put everything else ahead of him. It was a true Rhett/Scarlet moment when he walked out and she declared it wasn't over.

And what a fantastic cliffhanger! I loved how the camera showed all the different angles with various characters in them. I don't think I've seen so many character assembled in one place in quite a while. Anyone could've been hit by the bullet (though my bet is on Angie since Debbi Morgan is now on Y&R).

I almost forget to mention how wonderful the beginning was, showing us all the different characters being born, including Erica!

Archived