AMC - Friday - September 23, 2011

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

My thoughts:

• The beginning montage made me cry.
  • All the keep hope alive messages: Angie and Cara talking about how "Second chances mean everything." Erica saying "Stay tuned." Okay Agnes, we hear you!
  • Angie and David. That relationship could've provided years of drama.Such a missed opportunity.
  • A Hubbard grandbaby! Yay!
  • One last tacky outfit for Opal Yay!
  • I want to have MEK's baby. Tad, Jesse, Angie, Greg, Jenny...those characters were MY Pine Valley so when Tad talked about meeting them in high school...yeah.
  • Jackson to Erica: "You don't want to get married." Ironic statement for the most married woman in soaps. Also, having Jack pull a Rhett Butler was just so smart and literate. I loved it. It was a fitting homage to as an archetypal romance.
  • Adam/Brooke getting engaged just as Jackson/Erica break up was a perfect dramatic nod to the long term history between Brooke and Erica. Brooke getting a public happily-ever-after with one of Erica's "leftovers" minutes before Erica herself gets rejected..
  • On the subject of JR: I know that a lot of people are bothered and upset by the way he's come apart. I know that I would resent the hell out of it if something like this had been done to say...Frankie BUT...I think it's appropriate that this most legacy of legacy characters is being used to launch the next phase of the show. But I know it still sucks for his fans.
  • I loved the cliffhanger. The shooting is a "short term" cliffhanger while "the second patient" is one that can stay in the background forever. Also just because we only heard one shot doesn't mean only one shot was fired. JR could've shot a bunch of people AND/OR turned the gun on himself AND/OR the shot could've come from someone other than JR.

All I can say is that I'm proud of my soap. AMC went out like a champ.

LOL! Great minds. I loved it. Obviously there are things I might have done differently but this was my Pine Valley. I've often been called a bad soap fan but this episode made me a proud soap fan.

• Members

I wanted to pour myself my usual vodka tonic, but even I don't drink THAT early -- I watched the show live. When I have some drinks tonight I'll probably bring up AMC in my stupor and everyone at the club will think I'm loonier than JFAP. aahh.

I hope at least one drag queen tonight will dress as Erica Kane. It would be a nice tribute. Ha

Archived