AMC - Friday - September 23, 2011

• Members

Effective Monday September 26, my new username will be Let's Make a Chew.

The explanation is that so many people can't/won't watch the online version, and they were cheated out of a real ending, which....how many engagements were there? And a pregnancy, and reunions, and people moving back to Pine Valley, and couples being happy, etc. If the cliffhanger ruins all of that damn happy, then don't watch the last three seconds.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I'm in the dark, but why can't a lot of people watch online? Don't most people have Internet access nowadays?

The people who say they won't have nothing to complain about in my opinion.

I think it was all brilliant, especially how it mirrored and epitomized the show's poem. The opening was brilliant, spanning all the generations per family.

• Members

I don't think this ending would have bothered me even if there was no 2.0. I like being left with the feeling that drama is still going on in Pine Valley.

If I have a complaint about the finale day and weeks it may be that there were too many stories tied up too neatly. (If I have two complaints) I also think the Project Orpheus story added to that and was a waste of time where we could have had many more real-feeling character driven stories instead. Deleting that would have given less of a rushed feeling to everything and more of a fluid feeling. Woulda. Coulda.

I would like David's ability to revive the dead to be dropped for our potential Version 2.0. David's ability to raise the dead nulls the JR cliffhanger in many ways.

Erica's ending, for now, was perfect. I was a little annoyed by how little they were using Jack in the last week considering how long WW has been on the show. They made up for it today.

I love that it was only one gun shot. If he shot himself or if he didn't actually kill anybody, JR definitely can be pulled back from this to be the formidable Chandler he has never quite been. I'm trying to think of who I can see being the next JR Chandler.

• Members

Well, yeah, but most (if not all) people who won't be able to watch online are spoiler free. It's not as though they ran a disclaimer that read "ATTENTION VIEWERS WITH NO INTERNET ACCESS- DO NOT WATCH THE LAST 20 SECONDS OF THE SHOW. JUST TURN IT OFF WHEN ERICA UTTERS HER LAST LINE ABOUT JACKSON. AS A BONUS, YOU'LL ALSO MISS THE TASTELESS PROMO FOR "THE CHEW" WHICH IS THE CHEAPER SHOW ABOUT FOOD THAT WE'RE GOING TO BE RUNNING IN PLACE OF THE SHOW THAT YOU'VE DEVOTED 41 YEARS OF YOUR LIFE WATCHING. YES, IRONICALLY, WE'RE REPLACING A SHOW WHERE WE MANDATED ACTRESSES TO STAY UNDER 96 LBS WITH A SHOW ABOUT EATING. THANK YOU FOR YOUR LOYAL VIEWERSHIP AND REMEMBER, IT'S ALWAYS TIME TO HAVE A CHEW!"

• Members

Angela, absolutely. Walt got a primetime epic ending (one that I won't forget; so memorable)... more so than most popular/overexposed characters of the past decade (Kendall, Zach, Rylee and even Krystal, Jake, etc). Good for him, because I also was worried for him this past week.

• Members

I actually think the character is very recastable because I don't think Jacob Young was the best fit for the role in that he always has had this boy-like aura about him. I think he's done some great work in the role. The last week of AMC on network television on top of that list of his best moment. His Wednesday episode was probably one of the lasting memories I'll have of this week. Him bitterly screaming at Babe that she's dead.

JR 2.0 interests me more than most things about 2.0 currently. I think JR 2.0 can drive the show. PP should put a lot of thought into this casting. I want JR 2.0 to be an Adam like force and I think he can be. He should retain a lot of his nasty but be much more competent and self assured. I don't want him to turn into a extreme serial criminal like EJ or David. He should continue holding a grudge against Dixie.

Archived