AMC - Friday - September 23, 2011

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd also like Nick Davis and Mark Dalton but anything is fine.

As for the finale, I enjoyed it. I thought it had a very nice spirit and flow, and I thought they did a very good job of tying up loose ends yet leaving a cliffhanger. A part of me is baffled about what can happen under PP, since we probably won't be seeing Brooke, Adam, Erica, etc. again for quite a while, if ever, but I do want to see what happens, so that's an accomplishment.

The opening was very touching, especially Marian seeing Stuart, and the moment where Erica fixed Bianca's hair, and Bianca did the same for Miranda.

I liked the buildup to everything but the shot itself, I would have preferred seeing a gun go off to just hearing a faint whiff after the screen went black.

Stuart/Marian were so touching. I'm glad they weren't forgotten. Nice stuff with Brooke and Adam. The resolution for David was believably open-ended, and his last scenes with Angie and Jesse were true to the characters and balanced. Over and over in these last few episodes I've been reminded of what a truly special character Angie is, how effortlessly she blends in with the spirit of Pine Valley, and what a loss her absence will be. Y&R doesn't deserve Debbi Morgan.

Those scenes between JR and Dixie were so sad. The way JR's breakdown was written was hard to watch because even if people were trying to help him, they often just made his pain worse.

Is it me or did anyone get Dixie confused with Marian during the party scenes? I kept thinking, "Why is Marian there?" and then I realized she was still at the hospital.

I wasn't all that interested in the Jack/Erica stuff; I know it was about Erica's need for a man (yet never truly feeling settled with a man), but I would have rather seen this wrapped up earlier and Erica moving on with her life in the final episode, maybe returning to PV for the party.

• Members

It's the type of thing you assume soaps will never let you have again. It was a beautiful moment. Stuart and Marian had one of the purest love stories ever on soaps. It never deserved the ending it received. I'm so glad Lorraine and Agnes rectified it.

Archived