AMC - Friday - September 23, 2011

• Members

The one thing I can say about this finale compared to many of the recent finales on soaps is that AMC finally embraced who it was and wasn't ashamed of its unique spirit and history.

While I have no doubt the episode would have been stronger if they weren't building up to the Prospect Park launch and had more time to plan it, I thought this finale episode was littered with many small and touching moments.

The opening montage was very compelling. I think it made sense to hear Angie words going along with it. I agree with Carl, Angie is a very special character and Y&R does not deserve Debbi Morgan. Towards the end of the show, Angie has really become the voice of reason for the entire community on the show.

Bringing Stuart back and reuniting him with Marian was incredibly sweet. This needed to happen, no matter how farfetched it is, Stuart is the moral compass on the show for so many characters.

Jacob Young has probably the performances of his life this past week. JR is a really damaged character, and those scenes with Tad and Dixie at the airport were quite raw and rang so true.

Having Brooke and Adam back just feels right. As far as I'm concerned, Julia Barr and David Canary are the best actors AMC has ever had.

I think my favourite part of the episode was Tad's toast though. I didn't cry, but it did tug at my heartstrings. It was a great way to reflect on various characters and so much history.

I can't say I cared about Jack/Erika though. I mean, does anyone really care at this point? It just felt lazy to me. Though, I suppose, it gave Erika more of a chance to be an over the top selfish bitch, which is why people like her so much...

I'm not that troubled by the cliffhanger, considering it was probably Prospect Park mandated. I wouldn't have ended things this way, but I don't really have strong feelings against it.

Overall, I think Lorraine and Agnes did a commendable job at up this show's run on network television.

• Replies 672
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Angie really did become her generation's Ruth Martin in many, many ways, and when you think about it, she was almost sorta destined to become that from the very beginning. Reading Debbi's comments, you can tell that if she'd known that the show would have a second life, she would have thought twice about Y&R. Hopefully they do what they do and get bored with her quickly so she can come back home and help the show transition.

• Members

Any Y&R role is destined to fail, but I hope it works out for her and they don't go after her out of spite, as I feel they have with several actors. I guess you never know what will happen with PP so it's tough to assume even if she wasn't with Y&R, but it's going to be sad losing Angie. As with the best voice of wisdom/matriarch characters, Debbi cuts out a lot of the crap, and adds her own personality, which makes it much less forced. It's very similar to what Ruth or Myrtle did, although Angie could also still play other material too, not just a matriarch.

Whatever happens, and whatever the material she's had over the last few years, I'm glad she returned to AMC. I didn't think it would ever happen, and it's a testament to the talent of the actors in the Hubbard family at just how seamlessly they fit back into PV. In many ways they represent the show's heart and did so to the end.

• Members

The ending was shocking, suspenseful, & classic. I loved it. A PP/AMC online caption really should've followed after the screen went black. People who don't use the net that much or at all, if they were told where the show they love is headed next year I think most if not all of them would adjust & start keeping an eye out for it, aiming towards watching it again when it premieres.

I'm not sure how they'll explain the people who aren't back next year. JR only loaded three bullets into that gun earlier this week. He either shot himself, or 1-3 people in that room.

The Ryan/Greenlee/Scott/Madison exchange made me lol, that was a nice touch - I loved Greenlee taking her credit for Scott & Mads being together and Madison acknowledging it. Very nice!

Zach/Kendall/Griffin at the party should've been awkward but they weren't and I was slightly disappointed in that. Zach and Griffin were borderline acting like best buds. LOL. I wish when Kendall lovingly grabbed onto Zach we could've got one last shot of Griffin jealously looking on. He fell in love with Kendall before Zach whisked in from the ocean and I don't believe for a second he stopped ;-).

David's last scenes were very telling and I think it HAS to be picked back up on next year! I mean really! Who the heck does he still have?!

The contrast between Colby and JR (Chandler's) these final times on AMC is sad if that makes any kinda sense. Like, Colby got one scene I think of the whole show (and was not even in the final cast photo). That's how much she was phased out & given no thought to. Thinking about it, her character wasn't even that screwed up or anything - I almost want to say she was like a blank canvas. The show just went nowhere with her & I think it's really disappointing how the daughter of Adam Chandler and Liza Colby was pretty much equivalent to nothingness in the shows final hour.

I said in Cheap's "The Many Hairstyles of..." thread that I hoped DM/Angie could get in one last fab weave after she gained her sight back/before the end, and she did (and in one commercial break!) LOL! Love it. Yay! She looked fantastic, as did the rest of the awesome Hubbards. I will miss them together immensely. I loved how all of their stories ended, especially Brot and Natalia's ;-).

Erica's story was ended perfectly, I loved her last scenes with Jackson, and loved her vowing to get him back. The way her last scene was shot was spectacular to. I'll never stop wondering how things would've ended up for her had PP not stepped in and picked up AMC. Maybe kind of the same but not sure? I wish the pre-PP AMC finale that was written could've been taped separately and put up somewhere. I think that would've been to much though. LOL. Oh well.

What got me crying was Tad's speech. That was terrific and I just loved looking at everyone's faces as he talked. Everyone together in that room! *crying* It was just sad & amazing both in one. Overall the finale was fulfilling to me & very well done. I will forever love and miss All My Children sad.png

• Members

I think Colby was aged too quickly. There was no need for it, and I can't think of one story which was enhanced by Colby being aged. If Colby was around 13 or 14, in an awkward stage, missing her father, in love with a boy, confused about how to react to JR's downward spiral, that could have been some drama.

• Members

Hadn't watched AMC in years but tuned back in to see Leo and I wish all the returns had been handled like his... dreams, maybe a few weeks of what ifs.

But David's Project felt ridiculous and more like McTrash than Nixon.

I did chuckle at Jack morphing into Rhett Butler b/c I could see Nixon just couldn't resist screaming of course Erica is based on Scarlet. That line felt too long in coming and a good relaunch for Erica too for PP.

JR made me tear up as I remember his birth and troubled childhood. This kid was always bound to be screwed up.

I have not a clue how PP plans to continue and explain half the cast not there for the aftermath... I can only guess they pick up months later with the smaller cast???

While I feel bad for AMC fans stuck with a cliffhanger ending, it did remind me of the reverse of Dallas. We Dallas fans spent all summer speculating and perhaps that will keep AMC fans going during the long wait.

• Members

Overall, I really liked the finale. I did not tear up as much because I was shedding tears all week. I am not sure I had any left :)

At first I was not thrilled at the kids reciting the poem but it did make sense(I always envisioned Lucci doing that).

The love I have for Angie and Debbi Morgan cannot be put into good enough words. Both are such a treasure! wub.pngwub.png

One of the if not the best things that happened this week was bringing back Stuart. it righted one of the worst wrongs on this show. I did want for Stuart and JR to have a scene though.

As to JR-I don't think we will see that there was a bloodbath at JR's hands. You can't come back from that. I am not sure the Chandler family can be on the canvas without JR. My hope is that he turned the gun on himself but survives. They can put him in Oak Haven and recast the character when it's realistic to bring him back. They should take care in recasting if they do. Some hair model just won't suffice, especially after being treated to Jacob Young's portrayal over the years.

I definitely think JR should be an important part in 2.0. After the Oak Haven stint, he comes back, still has issues with the family, but is in better shape to take on the eventual role of Adam's Heir Apparent. I would love for JR to start his own venture(thus creating his own legacy) with Scott and Colby assisting at some point.

I loved Jack getting his balls out of Erica's purse and donning them again. I think Erica would rather have millions of people love her from afar than having a real and true relationship with one man.

• Members

So here are the various conclosures that the characters were given. Which were your favorites? I think I love Angie/Jesse, Adam/Brooke, Stuart/Marian, Brot/Natalia the best

Angie/Jesse - Angie regains her eye sight and she and Jesse get to have Lucy in their lives when Maya decides to move back in with them

Scott/Madison - The two reunite and decide to move in together in the Gatehouse, which Scott has restored

Adam/Brooke - Brooke buys the mansion back for him, he gets Stuart back and the two get engaged

Tad/Dixie - Dixie returns from the dead and the two reunite and get engaged

Joe/Ruth - The two decide to move back to PV

Frankie/Randi - Randi reveals to Frankie that she could be pregnant

Brot/Natalia - The two become engaged and plan their upcoming wedding

Stuart/Marian - Marian is out of Oak Haven as Stuart comes back from the dead and reunites with her.

Liza/Colby - Colby finally forgives her mother and moves in with her as they work on rebuilding their relationship

Cara - Cara gets a green card and is excited to learn she is pregnant

Jake/Amanda - She survives her health issues and the two plan on adopting

Zach/Kendall - The two reunite after he is revealed to be alive. They plan on taking a much needed vacation

Ryan/Greenlee - The two are happily married and finally seem to be free from their David issues

David - He is revered as a hero by some and learns he has a baby on the way. He gets out on bail and gets a large sum of money from Adam

Marissa/Bianca - The two are happy, in love and purchase a house to move their family into

Opal - Finally decides to get another chance at love and a relationship when she reunites with Sam

Erica/Jack - Erica chooses herself and makes plans to go to Hollywood to film a movie. Jack finally gets fed up with her and ends their relationship

JR - After realizing Babe is still dead, he spirals even more out of control. He starts drinking again and lures Marissa to the party with plans on shooting her. He shoots the gun but its not known who gets hit

I cant even remember what was done with Caleb and Asher. Krystal doesnt seem to have had anything change with her either

Archived