The NFL Thread

Soapsuds

• Administrator

Peyton chooses the Broncos: http://espn.go.com/n...cos-sources-say

As a Tim Tebow fan, I couldn't be more happy! John Fox and John Elway never wanted him as their QB, so get Tebow to a place where he is wanted.

As for Manning choosing the Broncos, I think he should've chosen the 49ers. The 49ers are a Super Bowl contenders while the Broncos are not. If he wanted a championship, why didn't he go to SF?

Also, what does this mean for Alex Smith? SF went all in for Peyton and basically said Alex was their 2nd choice. But if you're Alex, will choose the Dolphins or the 49ers? Alex would be dumb to choose the Dolphins over the 49ers when the 49ers were so close to getting to the SB. Talk about an awkward situation.

Where does Tebow go? Back to Florida to play for the Jaguars or Dolphins? The Broncos cannot keep Tebow there as a backup QB. That would be awkward.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I feel bad for Tebow. I just didnt care for the games Elway was playing with him. The decision that Elway and Peyton did will bit them in the ass. The Broncos arent that good with or without Tebow. There is no way the Broncos are going to the Super Bowl like Peyton wanted. And the Broncos will get backlash from those who loved Tebow and in a couple of years they will back where they started(with nothing) when Peyton either retires or gets injured for good and cant play.

If I were Alex and the Dolphins were paying more money ...Id say [!@#$%^&*] you SF and Harbough......and leave them high and dry.....I mean I didnt think Alex was the best QB but he was good enough to get them to the SB.

• Administrator

Not happy that Tebow is now a Jet! I hate the Jets and the locker room is toxic with a backstabbing and selfish players. I would've prefered Tebow going to Jacksonville and help resurrect (no pun intented) that franchise.

• Members

Nothing's happened to Sanchez but the Jets have clearly lost faith in him to seriously consider going after Manning and when that didn't work out, giving up 2 draft picks and taking a cap hit to get Tebow.

Until he throws three or four INTs in one game...again. Then the clamoring for Tebow will begin.

I can't blame the Broncos for the choice they made and I couldn't have blamed them if they'd opted out of the Manning race and stuck with Tebow. Their defense is fierce and McGahee has been fantastic. The Broncos made a tough call about the QB situation. If Manning can get himself back close to his top form, the Broncos could be the 2nd best team in the AFC, after the Patriots. It's a shame that they didn't the luxury of signing Manning and keeping Tebow with Manning there to help with his development but Manning wants to play for five more years and thinks he's physically capable of doing it and it wouldn't be fair to ask Tebow to hold the clipboard for that long just waiting for Manning to retire so he can take over.

Yeah, I can't think of a situation in the NFL worse for Tebow than the Jets. But Sanchez was so anemic last year, Tebow will probably be starting by week 9 and hopefully he can have some positive impact on the locker-room then.

• Members

I seem to be the only one who actually thinks Tebow is crap. A few lucky plays and a couple of throws actually being made, does not a QB make. And I hate his attitude. He's cocky and arrogant, which he hides (or IMO doesn't) behind all that God stuff. Much of which he rarely used to credit his teammates. I was also getting sick of his Sunday/Monday gospel crap. It's football. When he's done playing he can go to church.

• Administrator

Same here. He's always humble, gracious, and thanks God and his teammates before himself. He doesn't bash other players or coaches or fans. His attitude is almost always positive. Kylie, where have you seen him be arrogant and cocky?

Archived