The NFL Thread

Soapsuds

• Members

I am extremely happy for the Atlanta Falcons, my home team. I have been waiting for them to have a chance at the Super Bowl since 1998! They have come so close the past few seasons, and hopefully this 11-1 record so far is an indication of how things will go in the playoffs.

Our team has so many haters, that are doubting us. LOL

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am on Team Tebow. The Jets did really wrong by him and it potentially could have ended his career. The owners hired him, the coach watched as their regular QB imploded and refused to use Tebow all year, opting instead at the end for their third string QB (who didn't do so great). Why did they take Tebow? They sold shirts, filled seats, got on the backpages of newspapers, but what did he get out of it? If you don't play you have no record to stand on and therefore nothing to sell yourself with. And lo and behold, the Jets want to get rid of him. That was no secret, but with no record what teams would be lining up to offer him a contract? He is lucky one came forward and the Jets have no room to blame him for not wanting to play for them anymore.

• Administrator

That's because they're haven't won in their last 3 playoff games. :)

I'm on Team Tebow on. I'm glad he won't be on that joke of an organization anymore. What the Jets did to Tebow this year was awful. I can't believe they didn't at least give him a CHANCE to start as Sanchez struggled all year. Hope he joins the Jaguars next year and starts for them and proves all the skeptics wrong (again).

• Members

I can't believe the garbage Romo is spewing on his interview...he sucks and needs to go...

Jerry doesnt have the balls to fire Garrett because he can control him anf Romo is just not a good QB

Dallas went downhill when Jerry fired Jimmy Johnson cause Jerry wanted all the control.

• Members

In no particualar order:

Too bad Adrian Peterson didn't break Eric Dickerson's record. I don't know why but I think I'd get a kick out of ED crying over it....one day though.

I'm not sure about the Falcons. I'll wait to see which team they have to face in two weeks.

I'm no fan of Tim Tebow and at first I thought the Jets may have wronged him but I think not. He chose to go to New York hoping (or maybe even planning) to unseat Mark Sanchez. Now if that happened to him, some, most, or all of his fans would cry "foul." It's apparently okay for him to do to others what they wouldn't want done to him. The owner probably thought he could generate additional revenue from his presence and it doesn't seem as if the coaching staff was receptive as they had no plan for him. He had an option to go to Jacksonville and chose NY so it's totally on him. I can see why he did it because NY is a big stage but he can now take his show back to Florida.

That Yahoo article is off because I don't think the ESPN "analysts" who fawned over Tim Tebow are done fawning. The ones who didn't buy into him are the ones who come across as though they've been vindicated. Merrill Hoge's tweet is a prime example. He was probably hoping Tim Tebow would do something that he could throw in the faces of the Tebow fans that promote his virtue, etc. But maybe part of ESPN's obsession with him is in hopes of being able to tell a downfall story.

I used to be a fan of the Cowboys but they slowly lost me over the years and now I just don't like them at all. Jerry Jones is the main problem. There's no point in firing Jason Garrett (who probably did the best he could with the team injuries). Tony Romo is a good quarterback and it's not as if there are any better options to replace him. The 2013 class doesn't seem to be all that great. For whatever reason, Matt Barkley is on McShay's draft board at number 2. Given the recent history of USC quarterbacks in the NFL, he should be in a lower round. I just don't think the Cowboys will get that far as long as Jerry Jones continues to be the GM and micro manage that team. He's apparently a genius GM in his mind and that's not reality.

Archived