The NFL Thread

Soapsuds

• Administrator

Sorry about ATL losing, Eric. It looks like we're both having a bad day. :(

Talib going out turned out to be a huge factor. His replacements couldn't do anything to cover Boldin. Where was the no huddle fast pace offense? I didn't see enough of that, especially against such an old defense. Welker, stop dropping the freakin ball. He had one that would've made a first down. Oh well, time to regroup and I pray God Gronk will be healthy all season next year.

I'll be rooting for the 49ers over the Ravens.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As a Marylander, I'm gonna hafta go with the Ravens. I'm from the D.C. 'burbs though, which is Skins/Cowboys territory as I said upthread. At any rate, I can hardly wait for the 3rd because if nothing, the Super Bowl means great times, good laughs, buffalo wings, blue cheese, beer...!!!

• Members

I'm good with SF winning. Atlanta should have learned something from that breakdown they had at the end of their game with the Seahawks. They were basically bailed out by the Seahawks' defense standing around like spectators. Now they should know that jumping off to a great start is fine but your luck is not always going to hold up when you keep it on the edge that way. I guess they didn't see any tape of SF's ability to win games in which they were down.

As usuals the experts were all over the Patriots and proclaiming Tom Brady the greatest ever. Now Joe Flacco is brilliant blah blah. They should give some credit to the Offensive Coordinatior and his team for coming up with plans that work for that whole offense.

Though I am no fan of the Ravens, yesterday was good because the Patriots lost and the Lakers lost.

• Members

So Tom Brady gets fined $10,000 for kicking Ed Reed.

And Frank Gore gets fined $10,500 for wearing his socks too low.....and I don't care if Frank Gore received a million warnings.

The NFL needs to release a fine schedule because they seem pretty arbitrary. I know they cannot cover every type of incident but they must have a set figure for dress code violations and a base scale on hits.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'm not that big of a football fan, although I'll watch it on occasion. I'll be happy if the Ravens win because I'm from Maryland, but I only watched a little briefly when I heard the power had gone out. I'd rather continue seeing my Indiana Hoosiers kick ass and take names on the basketball court laugh.png .

• Members

What the hell does it say about me that I would rather have a man who may have had a hand in murdering two people win rather than have the chance at hearing the media give Colin Kapernick a verbal blow job?

I'm actually happy for Joe Flacco who got a load of crap last year for saying he was a top 5 quarterback.

That being said I hope all rookie qbs with the exception of Andrew Luck suffer major sophmore slumps.

Archived