OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 29

• Members

From a few pages back, there are some really expensive computer programs that allow you to make caps into lowercase (like Quark and Adobe InDesign), but it isn't worth hundreds of dollars to pay for the desktop publishing features.

I liked that not everyone was calling TSJ Todd, just Victor as for 8 years they knew him as Todd.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wow they really have Jessica pretending it's not rape anymore.

Are you kidding me?!? So now TSJTodd never had the same relationships with the family as RHTodd. My god can someone tell RC just because you write it, doesn't make it true or change what we saw.

• Members

I totally disagree on TSJ as in fact he's had many touching scenes with his family.

And RH's Todd had more than your dismissive "a relationship with Tea." By his own admission to John he loved her very much. He did marry her twice and the second time was purely for love. He also left Starr behind and chose to take just Tea with him away in 2000. He repeated I have another wife and her name is Tea repeatedly in that stupid brainwashing way for weeks. So she obviously is important person in his life, too.

I don't see Viki being an after-thought as RH's had the most emotional scenes with her. She was in the reveal scenes not Tea or Blair, after all.

Anyhoo, for the less T&B the better for me (LOL)... but yeah I agree the lack of T&B scenes is odd. Their first was so flat and unemotional they need to fix that as they felt like two strangers. or maybe that was the intent of the scene to show the distance between them is a mile wide???

• Members

Heard GT say they cut some Joey and Kelly taped scenes out. TIIC just couldn't be bother even giving them more than a blink and you missed them exit. Dorian actually got a montage and clinking glasses with Viki (which should have been the last scene ever IMO) so it was a tad better send off. Though the editing dept made a mess of that day.

• Members

Viki has had some big absences from the story, especially since the twin reveal. It just seems like the show has no real idea how to write these relationships, either that or they don't care, because it's plot plot plot.

I'm sure Tea is important to Todd, but TSJ's Todd was the one who loved her above all else, who never had issues with intimacy, who never kept Blair in his back pocket. RH Todd was always much more of a mixed bag, and someone she had much uglier memories of - it's his face she sees when she remembers the worst of their relationship.

I guess if the show wanted to they could write a big story about this but I'm just saying that's part of the reason why RH Todd doesn't seem to fit in that well to me.

For 2-3 years now I have felt RC will write Blair on the fringes of any story she should be a part of, so I assume that's happening yet again. It's too bad, because, even if he doesn't care about reuniting Todd and Blair - which is fine with me! - Blair's presence would add a lot of depth to wooden teenagers struggling with their lines as John smacks gum in the background.

Actually I did like Blair's scenes with John earlier this week. That's the only John relationship I ever cared about.

• Members

I loved both RH and TSJ, too.

I can only say I've watched how wanton, needless destruction eventually backfires.

I saw it happen Guza when tried so hard to decimate Genie's Laura, and wound up destroying Luke's popularity (with TG's help sadly). RC is following in Guza's ugly steps here. It's rumored ABC messed with this story and PP really hates how this whole story was rushed and written. They are trying to get TSJ back.

• Members

I love RH/ES together but the twin reveals was like 2 days ago in Llanview time. Plus Viki had has more one on one time with RH than any other core character.

I know RC is intent on rewriting history but onscreen RH's Todd last story with Tea he had no intimacy problems with her. Dani's conception scene in the water was the most sexually uninhibited I felt RH ever played Todd. His Todd stripping so easily and sexily was such a jaw dropping moment that it lit up the boards. LOL!

Anyhoo, Todd was pimping Blair out to Max then Sam in 1998 b/c he was so obsessed with Tea. And he never even gave Blair a second thought when he came back FOR Tea so she wasn't always kept in his back pocket.

I don't need to dismiss T&B's relationship. I agreed the lack of their scenes is odd.

And I do agree TnT's darkest memories are with RH's Todd. However, they had some wonderful loving moments, too. If RH's Todd ever trusted anyone not to betray him, it was Téa Delgado. So Téa siding with TSJ is a big change he has to contend with.

Anyhoo, we all know Téa will give in, represent Todd and save his butt from jail again. They don't call him Reron for nothing.

ABC views Blair as merely Todd's appendage. This attitude trickles down to writers as this problem pre-dates RC.

• Members

Didn't ya'll notice TSJ is still leading the B opening, the one with Charlie? But yes, not sure why TSJ and Marty are gone from the A opening. I'd guess they're "preparing" that one for the overhaul so they started by editing the second half of it.

My guess is that the Jess-Ford pairing gets moved to the B opening (Clint got moved to the A opening) so that the A opening goes John-Natalie-Brody-Jess-Todd-Starr-James etc. They're clearly waiting for Cristian to say bye bye before doing the update but as to why they even bothered debuting a slightly updated A opening is beyond all of our comprehensions.

Archived