OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 29

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

OK, I'll bite--who's EP?

And yeah, the second point is one that's bugging me too. It also seems like they should question or show the reaction of Irene, if we need to have her still on the canvas anyway...

Is a GILF like a DILF? *confused*

The Aubrey and Cutter stuff is just... So pointless--even with that Kim/Aubrey reveal. And since when did the MinuteMan motel start having fancy little belhop style uniforms? The people working there we've seen before certainly didn't...

• Members

While I hate what they've done to Brody, I kinda get that. Poor Mark has had NOTHING to play for, what, a year now? I mean some guilt and a few brief scenes of drama, but mostly he's been the nice, boring guy. You can just tell Frank V is gearing all up for another "Brody goes psycho and has a steamy shower montage" scene.

• Members

TSJ played most of his scenes with his family as being very contemptuous of them, so that probably spilled over into the writing.

The biggest problem with all of this is that so much of the story is focused on people RH Todd had no real ties to - he did have a relationship with Tea, but it wasn't on anywhere near the same terms as her relationship with TSJ Todd, so it doesn't translate. Viki and Blair are, once again, afterthoughts in the story, and all of Todd's kids are unable to play strong material, which they aren't really getting anyway.

Something tells me the show is more worried about how this Todd switch affects John than they are about how it affects Viki or Blair.

• Members

Honestly if RC wanted to win over any TSJTodd fans, especially ones pledging to no longer watch, making RH's character and everyone else be so smug about his death was definitely not the right way to go.

I dunno about anyone else but I loved RH and TSJ together, and if RC had been smart he wouldve had RHTodd's anger be directed at the right person.

• Members

I think the other issue is they are writing RHTodd this way to try to make him a suspect in TSJ Todd's murder, but does anyone actually think he killed TSJ Todd? It reminds me of when TSJ Todd was so uncaring as Blair was bleeding to death. Some said it was done because he was a suspect in her stabbing, but it was just so offputting. The writing is always focused on the next five minutes, not long term.

• Members

LOL I don't remember the evil baby stuff--must have blocked it out.

It sounded like originally RC was going to imply Rama didn't love Vimal and it was only an arranged marriage, but back tracked--to that it was an arranged marriage but she grew to love him.

LOL, I'll have to add it to my vocabulary :P

No, even at its worst, this site is far and away one of the most civilized soap boards...

Archived