OLTL: Discussion for the week of August 22nd

• Replies 558
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Todd's money came through a separate trust fund not Victor's original will/estate which only named Victoria and Dorian. But then again, RC doesn't care about rewriting his own stuff let alone the 70s and 90s history.

Today's show was somewhat entertaining. I rather liked how TSJ is still playing his character reeling, and a bit in shock. He's not as cocky or arrogant, and still struggling to find what he feels is REAL.

Sigh, RH is still NOT channeling any real rage or menace.

Blair is often called too stupid to live but that gun stupidity takes the cake I was thinking watching live. Then rewatching I realized Kassie played it too defensive and I realized Blair is just deluding herself that her mommy finger wagging lecturing worked on RH's Todd. She's deluded and pissed Téa is laughing at her. I am convinced the writers believe whichever woman is NOT chasing RH's Todd knows him best.

Flor rocks when she kicks into barracuda of Llanview mode as her whole posture changes and there is real steel in her back and eyes. She's not going to let anyone hurt her husband again... not even RH's Todd. Which is an interesting dynamic to watch Todd be on opposite side of the woman who always had his back. He doesn't appear to have much faith in Blair's help here.

WTF did they have to show Gigi's dead body? Why not have characters just react. I hate when RC channels the campy gore stuff.

I only pause to watch JPL when he's in scenes with Natalie. JPL and MA really work as siblings. Good time to mention Jared, which is was done earlier when Gigi died.

RC is a horrible writer NOT to mine Todd's complicated history with Bo vs stick RH with ME. And does everyone in town just know there are two Todds now? WTF, talk about missed opportunities for multiple reaction scenes. This is the stupidity RC pulled with the Tea is alive, Dani is Todd's daughter, Mitch is back stuff. He just lets characters learn stuff offscreen.

• Members

TSJTodd put it on the front cover of The Sun that there were two of thems. The details revealed by Irene hasnt been made public but Bo most likely found out when John brought Irene in. Ditto on Natalie. IA its lame that we arent seeing reactions

• Members

What a place for the digital signal to freeze up on one of your local ABC stations.

It did this to me on one of two on cable where I live a few weeks ago, right in the middle of a commercial for "The Chew" and stayed like that for a couple of hours.

laugh.png

8ys4si.jpg

• Members

I fail to see what is so great about this show in its current state. (While the two Todds storyline was intriguing at times, it is about to end.) Here are some of the horrendous aspects of modern OLTL:

*Rex "having a hunch" that Gigi is alive and going on a wild goose chase (including exhuming her body)

*Clint being chased by that skank (whose name I don't know)

*The "actress" who plays Destiny

*The stupid Dr. Suess dialogue that RH's Todd used ("My name is Todd. I have a daughter named Starr.")

*Irene's unbelieveable story of having implanted all of Todd's memories into Victor (and then altering his face)

I always thought that OLTL was a show based in reality, yet somehow the "great" RC & FV have been giving us a show full of sci-fi garbage. OLTL is not a "gem of a show" that is worth saving. By contrast, even AMC only has one "far-out" storyline going on right now: Project Orpheus (spelling?). And, despite all of the criticism, Y&R is far more grounded in reality (under the hated MAB) than OLTL currently is.

Archived