AMC: Another dead character returns?!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It's pathetic that they have to bringing back these long gone favorites just for one final Rylee pimp, BUT, I liked Gillian a lot and I can't wait to see her again. I just wish they could bring back Meg Mundy too.

• Members

Now CM's comments maken sense. He said when he heard Josh Duhamel was going to be coming back he pictched an idea to LB and JHC. Initially they were not going to do what he pitched but then they changed their minds and decided to do it.

He gave the impression what he pitched was Leo-related but probably Leo's return gave him the Gillian idea.

Interesting since CM has trivialized Gillian's importance in Ryan;s life in recent years.

• Members

Other than Zach, everyone of these people mentioned was connected to David in some way... But that aside, we don't even know the nature of Gillian's return yet (flashback or resurrection), and we haven't seen it play out. Of course, the usual suspects are jumping all over how much they "hate" all of this... but like JR to a bottle of liquor, they just keep drinking the contents!

I see nothing wrong with bringing back a character as long as it plays out organically in the story (and doesn't feel like it's driven a splitting wedge through everything). So far, most everything we've seen on-screen - including things some people were previously himming-and-hawwing about - has played out beautifully. I'll reserve judgment of how Gillian's return is played - and Leo's, and Zach's - until we see it. Until then, this is nothing short of good news for the fans of those characters.

• Members

I know I'm in the minority but I feel like Dixie's return actually has driven a splitting wedge through everthing. All of a sudden, out of nowhere people are talking about her and obsessing about her, then Tad throwing that memorial service for her just seems really forced to me.

I have to believe Gillian will be a dream. After all they harvested her heart for Laura English. It would suck to have Gillian alive again just as Brooke comes back to town. That would create more questions than the show has time to answer. JMHO.

• Members

I think Dixie's return suffers from being rushed from the original plans, since they were bringing her back pre-cancellation and had a long term story written out (presumably).

The short term returns may not be as forced.

Archived