AMC: Another dead character returns?!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I hate "back from the dead" stories. It's part of what killed soap operas, because it made it difficult to get invested in any stories if even death wasn't final.

I'm pretty sure, though, that only Dixie and Zach are being "revived." Leo, Gillian, Babe, and Kim Delaney's Jenny will likely be seen in dreams or imagined as spirits. (I say "imagined" because I don't believe in an afterlife myself, and apparently the soaps don't either, since they've frequently had characters come back as ghosts only later to be revealed as never having been dead, like Jesse and Dixie on AMC and Victor on OLTL).

• Members

See and I never had one issue believing that entire season of Dallas was a dream so can we forget the last 10 years of dreadful AMC. I loved Leo, Gillian and so many

things pre McTavish.

Seriously I am kind of like Marceline. The only people I really wanted back for AMC ending were Brooke and Adam. I don;t care about Babe in the least and I don't need her back to give JR some semblence of closure and moving on. He's got his kid for that and Adam coming back and his mother. The rest of these while nice touches were not really necessary.But hell if we get Jenny back can we somehow get a Cliff and Nina appearence. Would Y&R let Peter Bergman do a short cameo on AMC?

• Members

I'm not sure. I know I got into this tedious fight with another poster over Dixie welcoming Palmer to heaven and more than once I've said that I don't begrudge anybody their return. I still believe that. It's over. It's done. In the end, none of this matters.

I simply prefer drama to camp. Dream Gillian is drama. Alive Gillian is camp. It's the same reason I find Janet's return such an eyeroll even though I love Kate Collins. I don't. Like. Camp. Also, I'm a sci-fi fan and soaps suck at sci-fi.

Yes the show can do whatever it wants. I just don't want to be forced to turn it off in these last two months and I will if this goes wrong. I love AMC and want to be around for the last episode but I have my limits.

• Members

I think Captain Jack Harkness anf the gang from Torchwood, should take a trip to Pine Valley to investigate what's going on with all of these people coming back from the dead. Maybe Dr. David Haywood is behind Phicor and 'Miracle Day'. This is just ridiculous, but that's why US daytime soaps are going into the grave with each new year.

• Members

But I'm still FF-ing the same amount I always have. I FF all things Ryan, Greenlee and JR. I'm really enjoying about 50-60% of any given show. If that percentage drops, it'll be pretty easy to walk away.

I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that some of these returns are dreams and flashbacks.

And for the record, the "It's all a dream" episode of Dallas was the last episode of Dallas I ever watched.

• Members

I thought the dream season of Dallas was rather dumb but most of the season was dreadful minus Sue Ellen hitting rock bottom. Ryan could have dreamed the whole Gillian being shot and killed. I dont like the fact that Babe could be alive just to pair her with JR. JR deserves better than her. I agree that JR would get a happy ending with his mom and dad back in town with his son in toe.

Archived