AMC: Another dead character returns?!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

All these people coming back from the dead reminds me of a song from the musical Company...

"Another hundred people just got off of the train came back from the dead

And came up through the ground,

While another hundred people just got off of the bus woke up from a coma

And are looking around

At another hundred people who got off of the plane Hayward brought back to life

And are looking at us

Who got off of the train rose from the dead

And the plane and the bus Hayward brought back to life

Maybe yesterday."

• Members

I swear to God, as I watched the show today, I thought about Gillian being alive too like the rest.

Her past with David made me wonder if he ''saved'' her too.

I know that skank Laura got her heart.

But I say bygones.

I've seen aliens, ghosts, time travel, witches, under ground cities, angels, demons... satan (Y&Rs Lily)

Return of all the Dead is fine with me.

I wonder who could be next?

Vanessa?

Babe?

Stuart?

Julia?

Simone?

Erin?

Jenny Gardner?

Harold the dog?

• Members

Kim Delaney told TV Guide if Army Wives lets her come back to AMC, she'll do it. But I think AMC would be crazy to make her "alive." She "died" 27 years ago (August 1984). Better to have Jesse or Angie have a dream about her counseling them for some reason.

• Members

Woo Hoo!! Hot Damn Now here is a reason to watch AMC again. This totally makes my day. Ryan/Gillian were the reason i started watching AMC in the first place.

They should have brought Esta back in 2005 when Cameron said she wanted to come back.

• Members

I agree with everyone that this is getting quite ridiculous, but at this point... I can't say I am surprised. This show dug itself into a huge hole over the years, and in a way I guess they are using one of the only ways to dig themselves out. Gillian should have never been killed off in such a horrific way. While I hope its just a dream, at this point she is probably alive. Its Days of Our Lives in the Valley, but at least we are getting some satisfying returns.

• Members

Greg's moved on with his life. IIRC, he's even married he just didn't bring his wife to the J&A wedding. Personally, I found Greg's wedding return was just perfect. No need to rip that scab off.

It would be nice if DreamJenny would stop by to help Jesse deal with the whole five seconds Angie is going to be mad at him after the baby reveal. I picture something where he falls asleep in the park on the "In Memory of Jenny Nelson" bench and then Jenny appears to let him know that his daughter is with her and "Ellie understands."

• Members

I actually am starting to believe that's exactly where this is going. And I'm just about ready to jump off this ship before it goes down on September 23rd. If Gillian is alive, so is Josh, because it's exactly the same scenario. And with the new spoiler about Erica thinking about a certain man from her past...I'd be willing to bet that there's a LOT more surprise returns thanks to Dr. David Hayward and Resurrection Island.happy.png

That said, I loved Ryan and Gillian so this will be a nice treat...no matter how ridiculous and contrived it all is.

• Members

I don't think they would bring Josh back.

Which is exactly why it doesn't bother me. The show has been dying a slow death since the end of the babyswitch in terms of finding storylines that characters actively care about to keep viewing day in and day out. What would AMC be without these returns? Jessie and Angie with their dead baby? Mookie and Maya with their pitiful domestic abuse story? The fake lesbians getting caught up with a custody battle with a drunk abusive ass that is JR Chandler? Ryan and his harem of women clawing out David's eyes for breathing? Yeah, just no thanks. Give me a reason to care about these characters again and infuse some life, sentiment and love into these stories and that is exactly what these returns will do. They will bring back the heart and soul that AMC butchered away in the last years by killing off cornerstone characters and hide the fact that AMC in its current state is just a shell of what it once was. These returns are the best gift that fans could ask for because it brings back the AMC fans are nostalgic and starving for.

Archived