AMC: Another dead character returns?!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Soaps have been doing back from the dead storylines since at least the 70's/80's. They are apart of the medium love them or hate them they define the genre. Hating back from the dead storylines is like hating the very fiber of what soaps are.

• Members

Gillian's death was one of the most disgusting and pointless ever on a soap, so I would probably take her coming back no matter what (especially since there isn't enough time for her to go nuts and stalk Greenlee). But I think this will be a ghost.

• Members

I'll admit that. Gillian and Leo's death were tear jerking scenes.

I can still hear Cam scream "Gillian! Gilliannnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!" fade to black, and Leo's hand hanging as the water took him.

Just don't overdo this crap. It gets sickening and is joke worthy when they do. Leo, Dixie and Zach, that's viable, everyone else just quit while you're ahead.

• Members

Gillian! wub.png

26562_o.gif

The last time I found Ryan remotely likeable was when Gillian was around. They used to have some hot shower/steam room scenes. I love that South African beauty Esta TerBlanche, such an unique presence on U.S. television.

Months back, I suggested that ghostly Leo and Gillian return together, and that they're getting their groove on in paradise. Leo>Ryan, Gillian>Greenlee anyway, but of course we're not supposed to think that.

• Members

Uh, I think you're all forgetting that Gillian's guide to the afterlife was fuckin' Jesse. Fuckin' Ghost Jesse, the ghost who could warp and rewind time and space to save Tad from Leslie Coulson hanging him! What about that [!@#$%^&*]? If Jesse can come back - after donating organs, something Jack Devereaux also did on Days, BTW - Gillian can come back.

The bottom line here is that this storyline is there to give AMC a happy ending for as many people as possible and was conceived prior to the Prospect Park deal. Let it be. And I have serious doubts that this will happen, but if it somehow manages to write out Greenlee with Leo and Ryan with Gillian I will jump for joy.

Archived