The Live Daytime Emmys Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think many shows got together and bloc-voted Laura Wright to get her the nomination, reel unseen. And because of this lame new voting system, it backfired and she wound up walking away with the trophy.

And that my friends is the problem with the way the Emmys are done right now. The preliminary voting done for nominations also decides the winner, which makes absolutely no sense. Because with the way the voting is right now, you're not just competing with your fellow nominees for the win but rather, everyone who was pre-nommed in the category. It's just total bullshit all the way around and until they go back to having a second round of voting, we're gonna be stuck with crap winners like Allen & Wright.

UGH!! I'm still so pissed and infuriated that not only did Colleen Zenk lose, but she lost to the actress with the weakest reel in her category!!!! It's such a shame and total BS. This was Zenk's last chance, whereas Wright will have many more chances. Had they done a second round of voting like they used to, I'm almost certain she'd have won. Had they done a second round AND allowed nominees to submit a second episode, she DEFINITELY would have (if she submitted the EXCELLENT "Red Dress" episode).

• Members

This is [!@#$%^&*] atrocious, considering that Genie Francis, Lynn Herring, Nancy Lee Grahn, Jackie Zeman, Leslie Charleson and countless others have all been Leads at one point or another.

Also, the fact that it is unlikely that a minority woman will EVER win Lead Actress makes me rage.

Congrats to Scott Clifton, Jonathan Jackson, Heather Tom, and Michael Park though

• Members

How Michael Park heard about his emmy win:

SteamboatSeries Steamboat the Series Michael Park: "I'm humbled that my peers bestowed this honor on me having been out of the medium for so long....

SteamboatSeries Steamboat the Series Michael Park (cont'd):....Awards don't mean as much as the pride you feel when friends let you know they appreciate what you do."

SteamboatSeries Steamboat the Series Michael Park: "I got home from H2$, had dinner and watched the telecast...strange feeling not being there."

SteamboatSeries Steamboat the Series Michael Park: "My daughter is graduating 5th grade. No way am I missing that!"

SteamboatSeries Steamboat the Series Michael Park: "Paused the show 2 read/role play w/ my daughters. We're all crying/laughing so hard,forgot 2 fast fwd 2 live when hit replay"

SteamboatSeries Steamboat the Series Michael Park: "Next my phone is ringing off the hook. I found out via texts and phone call from my sister-in-law."

• Members

I do understand why it has to be this way. The only way the awards can be televised is if they have a presenting sponsor like Las Vegas.

However, it just didn't ring true to what daytime is about. So I'd rather it not be televised at all.

I think the CW broadcast was one of the best in these recent years of decline. It was fun, light hearted and still had some of the great elements of the Emmys from the 90s.

• Members

Too many people out there feel that having the show on TV is more important than having the show actually be the Daytime Emmys. It doesn't matter how ridiculous the show gets, as long as it airs on TV (to dismal ratings). I don't get that reasoning at all, unless you run the production company that gets paid to produce this sh!tfest. I'm talking about you, Romanovich.

I am waiting for this idiot's statement like Whitney waited to exhale.

• Members

I know they both used to be on kids shows, and Kyle was on DWTS. But, starting with the 09 CW broadcast, they've been on the show every year! And I don't get it because as far as I know they've never been on soaps. They've never had a talk show or a game show. They've never had anything to do with Daytime!

Archived