The Live Daytime Emmys Thread

Soapsuds

• Replies 626
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Okay, so I didn't post live. I was going to, but my laptop died. So here are my thoughts on the show. I'll start with each soap category, and then talk about the show as a whole.

Outstanding Younger Actress: I was thoroughly SHOCKED that Brittany Allen won this award. It wasn't a very strong category at all, especially with only 3 nominees. Emily O'brien is by far the strongest actress of the three. She wasn't given very good material this past year, so that probably hurt her.

Lexi Ainsworth, a mediocre at best actress, was given fantastic material. She wasn't great, but it was by far the strongest she's been on the show. I thought for sure she would win just based on the fact that her character was the only one with real material.

Brittany Allan: ...

Outstanding Younger Actor: I was surpised that Scott Clifton won. Not because he isn't good, but because I feel like he's been nominated in this category since Christ was in the 3rd grade and he looks about 30. Even though I think Liam is a dud of a character most of the time, Scott does the best he can. And even though I think he seems like a douche, I suppose it was deserved.

Chandler Massey is a very charasmatic actor, and does well with whatever. I would have loved to see him won because he is such a nice kid. Chad Duell was also very good and I would have loved to see him win.

Not overall disappointed by this category, as I enjoy all three actors.

Outstanding Supporting Actress: I know you are all happy for Heather Tom. I think she is one HELL of an actress. One of Daytime's current best, even. But this was not her year. Tricia Cast OWNED this category. The episode she submitted won MAB a writing award, and even though Tricia carried the episode, she did not win. Hands down, this was Tricia's award to win.

My second choice would be Nancy Lee Grahn, whom I find delightful in all her work. Melissa Claire Egan was also extremely deserving, and I wouldn't have mind Bree taking it either. I am not a huge JP fan.

Outstanding Supporting Actor: Jonathon Jackson was good, yes. However, he wasn't my choice. That is probably because he submitted the scene that, IMO, single handedly destroyed the history of LnL2, one of my favorite couples of all time.

I would have liked to see Jason Thompson or Billy Miller take the award, as I am very fond of both. Brian Kerwin was also really good, though I disliked his reel. Doug Davidson is a fabulous actor but didn't do enough this year to even deserve a nom

Outstanding Lead Actress : There was actually a mistake on the boards. The episode listed as Laura Wright's reel submission is incorrect. I have gotten ahold of Laura's REAL reel. Ladies and Gentleman...EMMY WINNER LAURA WRIGHT:

carly-o.gif

carly-o.gif

carly-o.gif

carly-o.gif

carly-o.gif

NOW don't you see why Laura Wright won?! I'VE SEEN THE LIGHT!!!!!!

No but in all honesty, this was my when they called that bitch's name:

katy-perry-o.gif

oh-hell-no-o.gif

This was DEBBI MORGAN'S YEAR DAMN IT. Or Colleen Zink. OR EVEN THE STAFFORD. But LAURA [!@#$%^&*] WRIGHT?! That is not "Wright"!! (sorry i had to)

Outstanding Lead Actor: None of the actors bowled me over. Don't think Michael Park deserved to win again. Indifferent. Though I find it ridiculous he couldn't show up. Not like he'll be invited again

Outstanding Drama Series: I'm sorry B&B did not deserve the win. It was a stretch last year. This year was dumb. They submitted an reel that was preachy and overbearing, from episodes that were obviously produced as emmy bait and nothing else.

This was AMC or Y&R's year.

The Show in General: I won't type too much because I agree with most of you. It was bad. We didn't get ANY soap clips. I remember fondly when each soap nominated for Outstanding Drama Series got a montage. Those were the days. And I want to see clips of the actors. He read their names so f*cking FAST. Goddamn it.

The Oprah tribute was RIDICULOUS. 5 minutes for Oprah, and 3 for Regis would have been fine. Susan Lucci's should have been at LEAST as long as Oprahs. It was awkward, like y'all said.

Marie Osmond needs to stop coming to the DEmmy's. She's a f*cking mess.

Why are the Massey brothers there EVERY YEAR? They have nothing to do with daytime.

The show was just as bad as last year.

I give it a D-

• Members

^^^yep, he's a WORKING actor. It's not like it was held in NY. Lord knows I wouldn't have shelled out my hard earned dough to go to a two hour Las Vegas info-mercial. Elmo wasn't even there. OPRAH, Goddess of Daytime TV, couldn't even haul her ass out there, and they gave her a fifteen minute star-studded lovefest.

I do hope he posts some kind of acceptance online. He's cool like that.

But honestly, he's said he wasn't even going to submit himself this year. Maura picked out and sent in his reel.

• Members

I was so depressed throughout the telecast. I think I only watched about a third of it. I could barely get past MAB fawning over Sheffer.

Was Laura Wright basically saying JFP rigged it for her? I don't hate Laura Wright, and these awards became irrelevant at least ten years ago, but I was sad for Colleen :(

I know your religious beliefs shouldn't be in your workplace but when JJ was going on about God and the holy spirit I kept wondering why he never speaks up about the heinous writing which is about as un-Christian as I can imagine.

Tracey Bregman can no longer move her face.

Poor Liza Huber...she had such bad prompter readings. I would have never known Susan Lucci was her mother. It was like they were strangers.

I'm glad Scott Clifton won. He was shafted by OLTL and now has to work on a show that treats new actors like moat food. I also enjoy his energy (and the rest isn't bad either).

What the hell was going on with Shemar Moore? He was walking like an old man and was so bizarrely affected. Was he doing Ray Charles/Jamie Foxx/Barry White/Bill Cosby? It was so condescending and strange.

Archived