AMC: Susan Lucci Interview with TV Guide Canada

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love this interview even if just for the behind-the-scenes tidbits. Not that it's any surprise that Pratt was a hack and intended to be a hack, but hearing confirmation about that was great. And so sad about Nixon not being welcome. *sigh* Not that I think she would have been allowed to substantially contribute anyways.

• Members

It seems that Susan has a hair trigger and its name is Agnes Nixon. That's the only thing about this whole thing that really seems to piss her off. She'll get her digs in at Brian Frons since he's the one who pushed Agnes out...but in the end, it's all about Agnes.

• Members

Besides one or two self pats on the back (which may be one or two pats too many for you to bear), I think Nelson did a pretty nice job of staying out of the way here. He did include a portion of Susan's quote praising his column which is really more of a gift to Nelson dissenters as it proves that she doesn't read it.

• Members

Thanks for the link I read this earlier. Love how she gets a little more candid each time. Love how she talks about Colin, and kinda gets some feelings known about the storyline. She really hated Pratt, really, really hated him. I feel like one of these days, she's going to just let it all out and we're going to be sitting here, yelling, "Finally."

There were a lot of castmates left out, or just really glossed over in the book. I'm not sure what to make of it, but I got the feeling reading this that it was a 50/50 thing, in terms of Susan and the publisher. Like this this moment in the book where she's talking about her real life car accident, and it's pretty much what happened on AMC, almost word for word some of it...but she doesn't even hint at it. It's like nothing like that ever happened on AMC, but in the same breath, she talks about AN's ability to write things for Erica that happened in SL's real life, without knowing they happened. It's a bit of a WTF for me at a few points.

• Members

The other thing to keep in mind with La Lucci's book is that her ghost writer, Laura Morton, did all the structural work. Susan gave her the stories and what she wanted to cover and likely went through Laura's drafts, but the structure and narrative is Laura Morton's. Susan isn't a natural writer, it doesn't surprise me that the narrative doesn't work in some details that someone whose written their own book (like say Joan Collins' legendary Past Imperfect) would have noticed.

I agree with Kylie, Susan's winding up, there IS going to be a moment where she snaps and lets it all out. I'm patiently waiting.

Archived